Chapter Six

Ruby's P.O.V

I felt the bed stir behind me, I forced my eyes open because the warmness that was once engulfing me was gone. I pushed my body up and turned around only to see Hunter mumbling on the phone with someone, the voice sounded a bit familiar but I was too tired to think of who it was.

"Who were you talking to?" I grumbled out while laying down on my pillow, he had just finished the phone call and was now rubbing his hands on his face.

He looks over at me, the tiredness in his eyes obvious, "It was nobody" he finished with a yawn.

I huffed and turned away from him to close my eyes, it was three in the morning, I needed to go back to sleep. I felt Hunter's big calloused hand on my hip, he gently turned me over so that I was laying on my back. He then looked down at me with a warm look in his eyes before burying his face on my chest, placing small kisses wherever he could.

Looking at his head full of silky hair, I couldn't resist the urge of running my fingers through his dark mane. He nuzzled his face closer to me, if possible, then wrapped his arms around my body while tangling his legs with mine.

It didn't take me long to fall into the most comfortable sleep that I've had in a long time.

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

The light shining in my eyes woke me up with a groan, I am not a morning person, I wish that I was because waking up would be so much more fun. The heaviness on my chest was still present and breathing deeply into my cleavage, a small smile made its way to my face, he looked so innocent and peaceful.

I unconsciously kissed his forehead and instantly regretted my action, I keep going back to square one, I keep going back to him, to his warm embrace, to his loving eyes, to his "expressive" grunts. I let out a sigh and started running my fingers through his hair while massaging his scalp, after a couple of seconds I heard a groan signaling that he woke up.

He let out a huff and wrapped his arms tighter around me, I stopped my actions but when I heard his grunt of disapproval I started again. I felt his small kisses once again against my collarbone, I shivered at the thought of his soft lips in other parts of my body.

"We should get up for school" I announced after a moment of silence.

"Yeah, we should" he replied but we both didn't make any move to get up, well then unless he gets up I'm staying in bed. Great excuse.

We layed in comfortable silence until a buzzing sound filled the room, Hunter groaned and lifted his head off my chest for a bit to grab his phone. He pressed the answer button and rested his head back down on my chest more specifically my boobs again.

He grumbled out a greeting when the person that called him started screaming loudly, I could hear the yelling but I couldn't make out the words. The yelling stopped after Hunter decided to speak up.

"Fine, fine. But this is the last time this month" he mumbled out frustration lacing his voice, he let out a sigh when I started scratching his head, and massaging his temples. Hunter ended the phone call and placed his phone next to him, he then went back to burying his face into my chest while groaning.

"You have to go" I stated the obvious.

"I don't want to go" he replied.

"But you have to go right?" I said with an annoyed tone, emphasizing "have."

His answer was a grumble, before he completely got off of my chest and looked down at me. He leaned down and pressed a small kiss on my nose, which made me close my eyes. At that moment, I wanted to grab him and stay with him in bed for a while longer, but he swiftly got off the bed and headed towards his clothes.