Chapter Fourteen

Ruby's P.O.V

The drive to Hunter's house was spent in cold silence. The sound of the AC and the quiet humming of the radio helped me drift into a deep sleep.

I woke up, from what felt like a ten-minute nap and tiredly slid out of the car.

He opened his front door and turned on the light for the foyer. I slid my slippers off and grabbed my duffel bag from Hunter.

"I'm taking a shower" he announced as he made his way to his room.

I followed him and threw myself onto his bed. When I heard the shower being turned on, I got up from the bed and dug through my duffel bag to find my pyjamas.

I groaned out loud after shuffling around my bag for a couple of minutes, I had forgotten my pyjamas.

"Fuck" I whispered to myself.

"I guess I'll have to improvise," I thought to myself as I looked at Hunter's closet. In a bit of course I concluded, as my lazy ass flopped back into bed.

I went on my phone to kill some time and started playing the game "Temple Run" but after a handful of deaths, I finally put my phone down.

I sighed and finally made my way into Hunter's closet so that I could find a uniform for the night. There has got to be something here for me to wear as a pyjama. I started flipping through some plain shirts that looked a bit worn out.

Seconds later, I found a black one and decided to wear it. Leaving my panties on, I slipped off my shirt and my bra so that I could wear the black shirt. I'm positive only psychos wear bras to bed. Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

Even though his shirt reached my knees, it was a little chilly in his room. I grabbed one of his many black gym shorts and quickly stepped into them. Considering our size difference, the shorts fit me alright.

I grabbed the necklace that was gifted to me by my mother and kissed it. I lifted it up to the gods and thanked them for giving me a fatass that could fit into men's shorts.

I chucked at my dumb behaviour and finally stepped out of the closet. Unfortunately (...fortunately) I bumped into a hard and wet chest. Strong arms wrapped around my waist while piercing grey orbes looked down at me.

"Sorry I forgot my PJs and thought I'd borrow something from your closet, I hope you don't mind." I quickly spit out.

He nods in approval and plants a kiss on my cheek before maneuvering me to the side so that he could enter his closet. With shaking knees, I walked over to his bed and threw myself on it.

My tense muscles relaxed the minute I slid into the cool covers. I adjusted my pillow and got into a comfortable position when I felt Hunter sliding in behind me.

His arm snaked around my waist, pulling me into his body. He rested his head in the crook of my neck while taking a deep breath.

I smiled at his cute behaviour and couldn't help the urge of giving him a small kiss. So I turned my body, to face his chest, and gave him a small kiss on his cheek. He lowers his head back into my neck and plants a kiss on the bite mark. I wrapped my arms around his body and slowly drifted off to sleep.

I woke up to the sunlight hitting my eyes. "Hunter must've forgotten to shut the blinds yesterday," I thought to myself as I quietly slid out of bed. The alarm clock on Hunter's nightstand showed the time as 5:30 a.m. I internally groaned as I walked to the bathroom in order to refresh myself. After using the toilet and washing my face, I put on some black shorts under the T-shirt that I was already wearing.