Chapter Ten

AN

Hello my dear readers,

I'm really sorry for the long wait, I was supposed to post this chapter a while ago but then a lot of things came up and my family decided to move provinces. I'm really sorry again, but I hope this chapter makes up for the long absence. Anyway I stayed up pretty late to post this because tomorrow (or today I guess, lmao it's 2 am) is my birthday and I'm going to be busy with the family. Don't forget to vote and comment!

Yours truly,

R&N

Ruby's P.O.V

I don't know why I was so confused that Hunter had a house, apartment, or wherever the fuck he was sleeping. I mean, I would assume that he had somewhere to sleep and eat, I just never really thought about it.

I knew that he probably lived alone because his parents left him since he was young, I'll give the SparkNotes version of what happened. They were very wealthy and barely had time to raise their child. He was raised by a bunch of maids and to sum it up it wasn't the best way to experience your childhood.

When he got sent away, his parents took that chance to completely move to New York. That was where the headquarters for their company was, and that's where my father is employed (as their manager).

I gripped the car seat when Hunter made a sharp turn onto an exit. After successfully stopping myself from banging my head on the window, I turned my head towards him with a deadly glare.

"Slow the fucking car down" I shouted and then quickly turned my head away to look outside the passenger window.

I didn't get a reply, instead, he abruptly stopped the car to the side of the highway which made the two cars behind us honk loudly.

I turned my head to ask "What the fuck are you doing?" but when I met his intense glare, the words wouldn't come out of my mouth.

Ten solid seconds pass by with us just silently staring at each other, I decided to break the silence first. "W-what's wrong?" my voice croaked out, great I sound real confident, I could go up against anybody with this shaky ass voice.

Instead of answering me he undoes his seat belt. Hunter than reaches over and does the same thing with mine. I scrunched up my eyebrows in confusion.

What the fuck were we going to do, square up? I crack myself up, even though it's not the time.

"Bend over my lap" his words shocked me, I went from confused to suspecting the fact that my hearing was alright.

"Pardon?" I was really hoping that I had something fucked up in my ears.

"Over my lap"

Oh god, there we go, I'm hearing the same words. I look around to see if a tissue box was in the car and I found one in the backseat, I reached over and took one out of the box.

Twisting the tissue I made it small enough for my ear, I shoved it into my ear, trying to clean out whatever is blocking my hearing. I crumbled the tissue and threw it outside the window, all while Hunter was still glaring at me.

"Okay then, repeat that please" I turned back around with a sure smile that something else was going to come out of his mouth.

"Bend over my lap, and there's nothing wrong with your ears" he grumbled out.

"Uh-um no?" I replied, still confused.

Why the hell does he want me to bend over his lap? Suddenly images from a book that I've read flowed into my head, the male protagonist was mad at his wife for talking to this guy at the grocery store. So the minute they got home he makes her bend over his lap and spanked her while she kept yelling "Sorry daddy".