Chapter Eight

Ruby's P.O.V

Hunter had his fists in front of his face, he suddenly stepped forward and punched his opponent, hard on his jaw. A cracking sound echoed in the warehouse at the impact, screams erupted when his face came into view with a dislocated jaw.

Hunter's expression was colder than usual and he didn't seem to be satisfied because he picked up his opponent by his hair and kneed him in the face. The screams of bulky men was suddenly joined by a very high pitched shout, mine.

I couldn't control the adrenaline that rushed through my body as I cheered him on, his fists kept pummeling the man's face as blood flowed from his nose and mouth. Hunter released him and stepped back when a short man climbed up into the ring with a microphone and started shouting "We have found our winner!" while raising Hunter's arm in the air.

Pride rushed through me as I started cheering him on, louder than the whole crowd, but thankfully he didn't notice me in the swarm of people around the ring. The smile on my face faltered when I felt a little tap on my shoulder, I turned around only to be met with my lovely savior. Good Ol'Joey.

"What are you doing here?" he angrily shouted over the noise.

"None of your fucking business" I replied rudely because I thought that might've shaken and made him leave, but no.

"Bitch it is my fucking business, Hunter will kill me if he found out that you're here" he said with a frustrated scowl.

"Why would Hunter blame you?" I asked or shouted considering the noise level.

"Because.... It doesn't matter okay, just come with me and I'll take you home." he replied while running a hand on his face.

"What if I don't want to go, what if I want to stay here and wat-" I said.

"You can't, it's too dangerous. It's unsafe for you and I" He cut me off.

"Especially me" he added with a mumble.

I huffed and crossed my arms over my chest, "I'll go if you tell me what this is" I said hoping to make a comprise.

He looked at me thoughtfully as if he was contemplating it and then sighed, "Well you already saw what happened, might as well explain" he said.

"Hunter is a streetfighter, he's one of the best and he's been doing this for a while" he explained.

"So this is a place where street fights are usually held?" I curiously asked.

He squinted his eyes at me suspiciously and slowly nodded his head. I smiled and continued my little interrogation.

"What's the point of fighting? If it's streetfighting that means that it's illegal so there's probably no world champion prize or some shit like that." I asked.

"Money, people bet their money on whoever they think will win, if you win not only do you get their money, but yours as well. The fighter gets paid well too, depending on how they did."

"Can I bet?"

"Fuck no" he replied with a tiny glare and then he started mumbling to himself. "Bitch thinks she could bet, Hunter's already going to kill me for the fact that she's even here" he scoffed.

I glared back but was interrupted when a bulky guy from across the warehouse screamed Joey's name and called him over. Joey turned away from me to reply to that man, so I took that chance to turn around and take a little walk to where the short man that announced the winner was standing.

He had his hands on his hips while he was talking to a girl that was wearing pretty much nothing, her chest was covered with a very tight tube top, with a skin tight skirt that reached below her ass. Try hard much?