Chapter Eleven

A.N

Hello,

Sorry for the long wait, this chapter is a bit better than the previous one. Credit to Jen-1982 and eMmA16LoU for editing this chapter for me, it was really helpful. Also, thanks to all the other people who offered, I really appreciate it. Anyways school is starting soon, so my updates will take a little longer. Anyways the next chapter will be very exciting, so look forward to it! Don't forget to vote and comment! :)

Yours truly,
R&N
________________

Ruby's P.O.V.

After contemplating what to cook for about 15 minutes, I decided to cook some alfredo pasta, with a side of caesar salad, and chocolate chip cookies for dessert. It wasn't exactly the full course meal that I was looking forward to making, but it was the best I could do with the ingredients that I had.

While I was waiting for the water to boil, I heard a phone ring from the direction that Hunter went. Just when I was about to check it out, the ringing stopped, so I went back to preparing the meal.

I decided while I was waiting for the water to boil that I would prepare the dough for the cookies so that they would be done baking by the time we finished eating. A couple of minutes passed when I noticed that the water had finally boiled, I took the bag of elbow macaroni and poured it into the pot.

When I was preparing the strainer at the sink, I heard the phone ring again, but it stopped again like the first time. I decided to check it out after I had everything done. I went back to shaping the cookies into little balls and placing them on the sheet pan.

I finished up with the cookies pretty fast and then switched to making the salad. I washed the needed vegetables, started cutting them up, and putting them into a big bowl. I got the caesar dressing and mixed everything up in the bowl.

Since everything else was done, I decided to check on the macaroni; almost 20 minutes had passed since I put them in the boiling water. They should be cooked by now. I picked up the hot pot and poured all the macaroni in the strainer.

I put the pot on the stove again and started making the sauce in it while cold water was washing the macaroni in the sink. After I turned off the tap water, I heard Hunter's deep voice talking to someone on the phone.

I couldn't put together what he was saying; all I could make out was Fight, Hannah, and Tuesday; like first who the fuck is Hannah, and second why is he talking in such a hushed tone. Hmm I have to snoop through his phone soon; I need to see what he's been up to the last couple of years.

After the call ended I heard his footsteps approaching me so I rushed back into pouring the macaroni into the pot and pretending like I wasn't eavesdropping and shit. I grabbed a big wooden spoon and started mixing them together.

Hunter strolled into the kitchen and started picking the cucumbers off the salad. I wiped the spoon on the apron and smacked his hand.

"Hey! Hands off the food, until I finish. Plus, don't just eat the cucumbers eat the rest of the salad with it," I warned, to which he replied to with a frown.

I turned back to the pot of the pasta and grabbed it off the stove. I poured all of its contents into a big plate and placed it next to the bowl of caesar salad.

"Hunter baby, take those two dishes to the dining table. I need to put the cookies in the oven and I'll be right there."

He hummed in reply then took the two dishes to the dining table that was just outside the kitchen. After I turned on the oven and put the cookies inside, I took out two plates, forks, spoons, two cups, and a bottle of lemonade.