II

7 years later (Persephone is 14)

"Persephone! Fetch me more wine please." The lady asked nicely.

"Yes, m'lady." I answered and went to fetch the wine.

"Actually Persephone is going to get ready to become my squire." Knight Gladiator Russel said grabbing my small body by the shoulders.

"Oh then very well then. It was nice seeing you. Thank for your serving." The pretty lady waved with a smile.

"You too m'lady. I'm glad to be good service to you." I smiled.

"He has such good manners. You taught him well." She said to Russel with a smile.

"And he has learned well. C'mon Persephone. Need to get you cleaned up." He said pulling on my shoulder.

"Yes, sir."

We walked out of the pretty lady's room to the barracks.

"She was pretty." I said walking to the horse stables.

"Indeed." I heard the smile in his voice.

"You should escort her. She looks at you like you look at her." I said taking a bucket and walking to a pump.

"You really think so?" I heard the clinking of metal, knowing he was looking through his chest of weapons.

"Yes my Lord. I think you should. Just be patient." I said pumping the water.

"Well go get washed up. Are you going to the blacksmith tonight?" He asked taking out two metal pieces.

I thought about it, the blacksmith is probably going to need help with the dragon saddles, and I want to work on my swords, "Yes sire." I said carrying the heavy bucket to a stall that was clean, "I will leave after supper."

"Okay."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"See you in the morning, my Lord." I said hopping onto the tall horse with the help of my Lord.

"I told you. Call me Russel when no one is around." He ordered.

"Yes, sir Russel." I said securing myself.

"Better. Now go." He slapped the horse's behind and she started galloping.

I ran out the gates that were open onto the stone roads. My semi-short hair flowing with the wind. The stars shined bright with the moon that had a sliver left to be full. The poor and beggars finding a place to sleep and late workers walking the sidewalks. Knights in armour making sure everything is safe, guarding the streets either on horseback or feet.

I jumped off Snip (the horse) and tied her reins to a post near an empty trough. I sighed knowing I had to fill it.

"Jackimal! I'm here!" I yelled through the pounding of the hammer to the anvil.

I saw his head poke through the doorway, "Hey Persephone. Food is in the back, just got the shipment today." 

"Thanks." I ran to the back where the metals, hammers, weapons of many kinds were. As well as Snip's food. I grabbed the heavy bag and carried it outside.

"Want some oats girl?" I said heaving the bag up. 

She stomped her hoof.

I poured some into the trough making sure it wasn't too much, "There ya go." I carried the bag back to the back.

"Did the dragon saddles come in!" I yelled walking to Jackimal.

He stopped pounding the metal, "Yeah they're over there. I working on one right now. Oh, and One Eye should be here soon to help with the heavy lifting."