XX

A few minutes into the final parts of fitting I was studying Thea and the Queen's actions.

"I think that's all we need miss." The maid looked up at me with a friendly smile.

I returned the smile, "Alright then."

All the maids cleaned up everything and left as the Queen had ordered before.

I hopped off the little stage and went to the armour stand that held... well my armour.

"Persephone! Oh, how lovely Thea is. I had already explained everything and she's okay with taking us over the mountains!" The Queen explained excitedly.

As I was putting on my chest plate I realised I never questioned why the Queen needed the blade. I pondered if I should ask or if I would be intruding in her personal matters.

I shook the question away as I sound my cape on. One of the maids brought it to me after getting it stitched from the trials. The pin in perfect shape thank Zok.

"She is wonderful isn't she." I answered with a smile.

I could see Thea's cheeks become albeit rosey in response.

"So what's our plan of action?" Thea asked putting a hand on my head and ruffled my hair.

The Queen thought a moment, "We'll have to sneak out." She blurted.

I stared at her as if she was insane, "What will you do if the King sees that you're missing?"

"When we come back we can say you and your dragon rider friend found me by the mountains after I was kidnapped by some assassins from the Lions Den Kingdom."

"I'm don't mean to question you my Queen but couldn't that potentially cause a war with Lions Den?" I said slightly worried.

"Hmmm you're right. How long do you think it would take by dragon?" She looked to Thea.

She jumped a little as she wasn't focused on her. She was focused on messing with my hair.

I shook my head at her childishness.

"Uhm. I would need a map to see the distance. But from what I heard it shouldn't take too many days." She said not really sure what else to say.

The Queen nodded, "Come back tomorrow and we will plan when the King is gone. I will send a squire after you." The Queen started to head out of the dressing room, "I wish you farewell."

I bowed, "As to you."

With that she left.

"Soooo if this fails... what's plan b?" Thea asked.

I thought for a moment. The only way we can fail is by the King noticing that the Queen is absent, "Well... I hate to say it. But we might have to start a war. Or.. I loose my rights as being a Qumire citizen and will be banished of the land." I looked her in the eye of the last outcome I stated.

She became worried, "Wait. You're saying if this all fails, your hard work, loyalty, and training will all be thrown away for a simple dagger?"

"Not entirely. I would just not be able to live here or be a knight anywhere else."

She narrowed her brows at me, "You trained your whole life to be dedicated to this kingdom and it's people and you're willing to sacrifice it right after you just became a real knight? Hell you haven't even had your ceremony yet. Wait when is that by the way?" She got distracted in the end which I giggled at.

"What are you giggling for? I'm serious." She grabbed my shoulders marking me look her straight in the face, "I'm a royal guard Thea. I trained to serve my King and Queen. In this case I'm serving the Queen as she tells me so."

She let out a sigh, "If you didn't have to. Would you still do this?"

I nodded.

She rested her forehead on mine, "Alright. Let's go get a map."

I smiled and tickled her nose with mine, "Thank you."

She chuckled, "Yeah, but you will definitely owe me if we succeed."

"I shall owe whatever you desire."

This is me trying to keep my promise. Yes this one is short but honestly I did pretty good after taking a long ass break of not writing a thing for who knows how long. I'll start working on the other update