IX

A couple months later. Her birthday. She's turning 15. Wait no 16. Yes 16. Yeee. Last chapter she was 15.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!" I was bombarded with loud yells from guards and people who work in the castle when I walked into the stables.

"Guys.. you didn't have to." I said with a soft smile. They usually don't do anything this big for my birthday. But considering my growth in training and my accomplishments I guess they decided to throw a party of what not. And Jackimal was here too!

Russel walked up to me and 'patted' my back. More like slapped.

"Congrats kid. Are you ready for the trials?" He asked with a big bright smile.

"Wait. I can do the trials?" I asked getting excited.

"More like you have to do the trials." He stated.

"The trials are in two weeks. We will train until then. And we have to make sure you fit into your armour." He looked so proud of me. Like his child succeeding at their dream.

"I'll train harder than ever." I smiled brightly.

I have to complete The trials.

The Trials: The Trials are well trials a knight (or squire) in training must go through. The Trials are selected at random and are different every ten years. It's a competition and whoever gets in the top four rankings will proceed and will become a knight. The people who aren't in the top four rankings will have to keep training as a squire and try again at the next The Trials. The Trials are always held once a year and the squires have to wear the armour they designed and payed for or made themselves while helping in a smithery. They also have to use their choice of weapon that they made or bought. If any weapon was passed down from generations will be accepted. No type Witchcraft or Magicks is allowed. If you were trained to be a Royal Witch or Wizard please speak to the head of the Wizarding council.

I sighed as I read the forum. There's a high chance I'm not going to pass The Trials on my first try. And Russel understands that. It took him 6 years to get in. Even if he's labelled as one of the best. He says it's brutal and people do get seriously hurt in them. But I have to be prepared for anything.

"Persephone! Someone's at the gate for you!" I heard Russel yell by the stable entrance.

"Oh okay! I'll go." I ran out the stables and towards the exit of the field. It's gonna take a bit to get to the gates. When I entered the castle in slowed to a fast walk. Wish I could run through this castle. The halls are large enough to run. So why can't I? I groaned and walked faster. I don't like making people wait.

When I finally reached to the front of the castle and to the outside I bolted to the gates. I saw the same girl from when I got that pin. She had a crate to her side.

I skidded to a stop in front of her and smiled.

"Here's a delivery. Enjoy." She said with a monotone voice and started to leave.

"Wait! Who sent it?" I asked before she left.

She turned and chuckled, "You really are dumb you know. Figure it out yourself." With that said. She left.

I groaned. Thanks a lot. I looked at the crate and picked it up. I'll look at what it is when the party is over.

Couple hours later blah blah blah blah blah.

I sighed in exhaustion as I flopped onto my bed wanting to sleep but I needed to change.

I groaned as I stood and walked forward but only to trip and fall flat on my face.

"Good Zok what on earth." I groaned in pain. I looked at the culprit and saw the crate. Oh. For about that.

I took a blade and sat in front of it. "Time to see what's in you." I pried it open with the blade and took the top off.

... Dragon Scales? Red, black and dark purple ones. Who is sending me this stuff.

I saw a note under a scale and picked it up.

Hope these can help with your Armour making.

T.K

But these aren't the colours of the Capital. But they are my favourite colours. I could use them on my sword. But not armour.

I looked at the note again. I saw something else and realised there was a back.

By the way. Good luck at The Trials. I'll see you the day you pass. So pass quickly so I can you again!

It.. can't be her... can it? Can it really be Thea?

My face heated up at the thought of her. If it is her. Then I definitely need to pass these trials. Just to see her again..