XIII

My senses became clearer as I slowly woke up but not wanting to open my eyes. Wanting to go back to sleep with nice feeling of someone ranking their hand through my hair and humming sweetly. Their voice captivating and so beautiful it could put someone to sleep instantly. But I wanted to listen. The warmth emitting from them was comforting and felt like home. With their arms wrapped around me and out legs intertwined. I felt safe. It was so much better than sleeping alone in the cold. Being paranoid with no one there and struggling to fall asleep. No one to make you feel safe, to protect you or to protect. Just the cold loneliness of a dark room filled with shadows.

I stirred slightly getting into a more comfortable position and nuzzled closer into the person, wanting more of their warmth.

"So cute." I heard them whisper softly.

Thea. I knew it was her. No one else made me feel this safe. When I hugged her I instantly felt welcomed and safe. The first time we met when she had her arms wrapped around my waist when we rode on Snip. She was warm. Even with her armour digging into me. I felt like she trusted me. Even though we had just met. When we met I felt like we've met each other years ago. Like we knew each other in and out. Even though I know nothing about her. She could be here to kill me for all I know. To attack the kingdom. If any of that happens. The blame would be on me. But it doesn't sound all that bad coming from her. I just want to stay here for forever.

"Persephone." She whispered and shook me slightly.

I nuzzled into her as a response.

"Persephone you're going to end up sleeping all day if I let you sleep any longer." She giggled softly, "You should also eat."

I grunted, "I don't want to leave." More like I don't want to leave you. I don't want to wait five years or more just to see you again. I wouldn't be able to handle. Not after this moment.

"If you're worried about me leaving I'm not planning on it." I could practically hear her smile.

She always sounded happy. I couldn't figure out if it was real or not. She was always hard to read. But her eyes were always filled with happiness. The eyes never lie. If they do. Then the person has faked the smile they wear for so long they were able to lie through their eyes. Or they're just an actor or actress.

"Come on. Lets go get food. I'm starving." She laughed lightly.

I smiled, "Well okay. I guess we can go get food."

She unwrapped herself from and and sat up.

Cold wrapped around my body. Missing her warmth. Feeling that cold loneliness I've felt for years.

"How long are you staying?" I asked stretching.

"For how long I need to stay." She stood and stretched.

Hopefully that would be for a long time. But I guess she can't stay from home for forever. Wait where is the Kingdom of Dragons anyway? In training I was always told it's a mystery. Or at the edge of the earth. (Pleeaaaseee get the reference) I was told many different things. Too many to remember.

"Where's the Kingdom of Dragons?" I asked hoping she could answer.

I decided to get up and realised I was only in undergarments and a large shirt. She must've taken off my armour.

My face heated up a bit.

"You'll have to see for yourself. I could take you but I don't know when you could come back." She gave me a soft smile as she left to the another room which I assumed was the washroom.

I saw my armour on a stand and walked over to it.

"I don't think I'll be able to go then. Considering I just became a Knight. We only get a couple of days to rest from The Trials." I sighed really wanting to go.

"Well why not just leave without them knowing?"

"I couldn't just up and leave. Russel would send out a search party. Then if they noticed I was quote on quote taken by dragon riders they would probably attack. If they could find the Kingdom that is."

"Then just tell him and other important people to you."

I took off the shirt I was wearing and grabbed a fresh one that was skin tight but breathable.

"Wait you don't wrap your chest?"

I turned around and saw Thea standing in front of me in nothing but skin tight bottoms. My face and ears burned.

"I have nothing to wrap." I said backing up slowly.

She laughed as I covered my chest.

"Oh shut up! And put a shirt on!" I yelled as I swore my face was as bright red as pure fresh blood.

"What? Envious?" She walked closer as I kept backing up until I was against the wall and she was towering above me. I just realised our height difference. She is very tall while I was below average compared to her.

If it was possible my face burned more as her face was very close to mine.

She smirked and backed away, "You're too cute. But hurry up. I'm hungry." She said with a laugh.

I rolled my eyes and fanned my face, "Today. Is going to a long day." I let out a sigh.

After we both got dressed in our armour, we decided to go get noodles (REFERENCES) for lunch as it was afternoon.

"So when do you have to go back to the castle?" She asked as she walked beside me.

"Umm maybe in a couple of days? I don't exactly know. Wait! Where's Lief and.. umm.." I forgot the other girls name.

"Akin?" She finished for me.

"Yeah!" I said with a snap of my fingers.

"I ran into them at the inn. They were leaving to get something to eat while I was checking in. So all I know is that they could be in the inn still."

"Well can't be helped I guess." I shrugged and stopped in front of the noodle shop while Thea kept walking until she noticed I stopped.

I giggled, "Pay attention to your destination." I laughed as she smacked the back of my head, "Oh shut it. You know you're really short for a 19 year old knight." She grinned.

"I know! But I'm able to fit in small places and sneak under people's legs when I'm fighting them. That's my signature move. Why am I telling you this." I groaned and walked in the shop.

"Well if I ever duel against you I know to keep my legs closed." She winked and left me dumbfounded as she went to put our order in.

I swear this woman... this very sexy, beautiful, outstanding woman is going to be the death of me.

Bitch. At the start of this chapter I was on a whole other level of writing. Probably because I was explaining on how I feel when I'm in bed. Even though I've never slept with someone in anyway. But bish. I'm proud. That's all I can say. I'm growing as a writer and I'm excited.

Dino