VI

I grinned, "Hold on."

With a strong squeeze of my legs and thick click of my tongue Snip started to gallop quickly down the cement brick road of the market.

The Dragon Riders grip tightened and I laughed. A person who flies on a dragon is timid on a horse. Adorable.

I smiled brightly feeling the breeze on my short choppy black hair.

I took a sharp turn causing her grip to tighten even more. I grab one of her hands and held it as I held the reins in the other.

"I swear if we fall I blame you." She groaned into my ear.

I blushed slightly from her breath tickling my sensitive pointy ear.

I pulled the rein to my abdomen, "Woaahhh." And with that Snip skidded to a stop.

"We're here." If you couldn't see it you couldn't definitely smell all the delicious sweets and bread that they make.

I was practically drooling as I unwrapped the woman's arms around me and hopped off forgetting I was holding her hand as she came tumbling down onto me.

I laughed hard realising my mistake.

"You dolt!" She yelled with laughter as she hovered over me.

I looked into her eyes. Soon realising the position that we were in causing me to blush madly, "U-Umm."

"Oh sorry." She chuckled awkwardly as she stood and held out her hand.

I accepted her help and she pulled me to my feet. I dusted myself off and saw someone was giving Snip a carrot.

"How lucky Snip. The nice man gave you a treat." I said with a smile.

The man looked at me, "She's a beauty. You only find horses like these in the capital or the royal stables. Or if your lucky. The wild." He said petting Snip.

"I-uhmm yeah. They're rare alright." I said nervously. No one wants to know Knights walk around like common folk.

"Where'd you find her?" The man asked giving her another carrot.

"I-I found her. Yeah." I mean. It's not a total lie.

"Well. If you'd let me can I watch her while you shop?" He asked with a friendly smile.

Snip is trained to come to me at anytime I call. So if this man walked away with her it wouldn't be a problem.

"Sure. Don't feed her too many carrots though." I smiled and went into the bakery where the Dragon Rider disappeared to.

I found her sitting at a table with some strawberry cake. I sat in the chair in front of her.

"This is so good. Oh my Zok." She moaned slightly taking a bite.

"Yep. Best bakery in the kingdom." I smiled. "I never got your name by the way."

"Oh. Pardon me Im sorry. My name is Thea. Yours?" She said with her hand over her mouth.

"Persephone."

She choked on her food and chugged her water down.

"Hey you okay??" I asked in a panic.

She slammed her glass down and let out a big sigh, "Yeah. Sorry. You ready to head back?" She horsed.

I nodded and stood, "Yeah. Your sure you're okay?"

She cleared her throat, "I'm sure. Thank you though." She gave me a soft smile.

What was that about?