X

PLEASE READ THE NOTE IT IS IMPORTANT TO THE STORY

When Persephone is being described by someone that doesn't know her personally and they said she or her. Please understand that my mind doesn't always think about it and they're supposed say him and he. Remember everyone thinks that she's a boy since woman aren't supposed to become knights in this story. The only people that know about her gender is Russel, Jackimal, and Thea as she knew from the start. Dragon rider knights can be both male and female because they aren't stupid like this kingdom. Okay. Sorry for the long note. Enjoy.

"Persephone! Cmon you can do better!!"

I growled and charged him. He tried to counter attack but I jumped over him and went to attack but he turned quickly and blocked my attack. I swooped under between his legs and kicked him to the ground pointing my sword to his nose with a stern face. Sweat was dripping from my forehead and I can feel it drop down my neck. I've been training for hours. The Trials are tomorrow. I need to pass. I want to see her..

"Congrats." Russel said and stood, "Now go rest. You're going to need it."

I nodded exhaustively and started to walk to my room.

I need to pass. She won't leave my mind. It got worse when she sent the pin. Then the Dragon Scales on my birthday. I still don't know if it was just a coincidence or if she knew.

And yes I did put the scales on my armour. I had to ask about it but they aloud it. And I was told it doesn't matter as long as the Kingdoms Emblem is on it and there is red and white on it somewhere.

I walked though the door of my room and yawned. I want to sleep...

I looked at my armour stand of my completed armour set. I smiled slightly. She really did leave an impact on my mind. I can never get her off my mind. I've actually been training harder than I ever had before.

Just.. just to see her...

~~~~

I woke up today more ecstatic than ever. I was excited. I get to fight other people and do unthinkable challenges. I get to meet other squires and learn from them. I knew it was likely I would pass today at the top four. But I was ready to face anything.

"Weeellllcccoommmmeeee to The Trailsssss!!!!!" A loud excited voice sounded through the Magic Staduim.

Cheers roared throughout. People excited and screaming for The Trials.

I looked around seeing other squires in their armour and with their weapons. I got a little nervous seeing all the strong buff men. They're so much taller than me. Except a few. But their armour is light as well. Mine is as well but I'm not used to it as much. I was just about to fit in it. I still have time to grow.

"For the first trial!! (As we always do) We have one, one on one match!! For today's match is.." he shuffled through something, "Knight Gladiator Russell's Squire Persephone!! Annnddddd..." some more shuffling, "Knight Memphis Clod's Squire Henry!!!"

I sighed and walked to the designated platform and I saw Henry. I gulped. He was HUGE his large muscles and heavy armour. He held a broadsword.

All I have is a short sword. I wasn't able to finish my actual sword because I couldn't find the right stone to make it lighter. Having big swords and not being able to use it is useless. I sighed knowing I'm not at my full potential.

"Well who do you think is going to win today Hank?!" The guy asked over the stadium.

"Well looking at those two it's hard to tell." A more calm and monotone voice sounded over the stadium. "How did you talk me into this?"

I took a deep breath and focused on the man in front of me. With all the bulky armour he's sure to be slow.

He laughed, "Are you serious? I get to fight this little kid? He could be a girl for all I know! So short and weak." He held his sword out in front of him getting ready to charge.

"Now. Staaarrrtttttt ffiiiggghhhtttiiinnnngggg!!!! Remember no killing!!"

He wasted no time to charge. I was right. He is slow. I waited for him to get closer and watched his every move. Right when he was going to slash I jumped out of the way making him go out of bounds. I sighed. He's sick an idiot.

"Annndddd we have a winnneeerrr!!!! Squire Persephone!! Such a very easy win but it is quite hilarious is it not Hank?"

"Ha ha ha. Very funny. Persephone depends on his mind and agility more than strength as shown here for example. He waited till the last second to move out of the way so Henry wouldn't have time to see he would be going out of bounds." I smiled realising it's true. But I do rely on my strength too. Just not at this moment.

"But it's as if he knows there isn't a chance for him to win. This is his first year is it not?" I heard Hank over the stadium.

"That it is. He is on his first year!"

I swear that guy could be excited over death. I left the platform as the guy was yelling angrily at me.

"HEY I WASNT DONE TALKING TO YOU!!" He gripped my shoulder and turned my around.

In response I grabbed his wrist and swung my leg at full speed at his exposed side cause him to double over. I grabbed his head and kneed his face and twisted him to his back.

I wielded my sword and pointed it at his nose, "You weren't really talking but yelling. But if you want a rematch we just had it and I already won. You couldn't free yourself once. So please. Don't touch me again." I said sternly as the whole stadium was silent.

His face had the look of fear written all over it as I left him with no words.

"Well there you have it everyone!! A real take down!!!!" The guy yelled making everyone scream and cheer.

I left the field going to the waiting room where Russel is waiting.

"Jeez. He's such a jackass. No chivalry at all. Glad he's got to wait another year. Learn some manners why don't you." I said to myself.

I entered the room and was greeted by a tight bone breaking hug. "Kid!! That was amazing!" I heard Russel yell in excitement.

"I-I can't b-breathhheee." I said trying to get out of the trap.

He laughed a burley laugh and let me go, "That takedown was hilarious. The look on his face. He had no chivalry what so ever. And that the main priority of a Knight of the Qumire Kingdom. As well as skill in fighting." He smiled, "Hopefully you taught him a lesson."

"We'll find out next year."