Matthew Tkachuk

Melinda's POV

I throw on a simple black dress that goes at least mid thigh and pair it with my sparkly converse and a heart shaped locket with a pair of earings:

Auston comes out with a button up shirt and trousers:

(yes ik its not actually Auston Matthews but i was too lazy to look over all his photos so use your imagination)

Alex had on a simple burgundy dress with her hair in a bun looking like the goddess she was:

Bryanna being bryanna was fashionably late as usual with a goddess like dress and her hair perfectly falling over her shoulders with glittery pumps that made her look almost as tall as Auston:

(WOW THAT CAME OUT BIGGER THAN EXPECTED!)

Our parents meet us down by our rental car and we are off to a fancy restaurant of my Minnesota knowledge. It is a fancy Italian cuisine restaurant called 'Cucina d'Italia'.

The ride was pretty silent until Auston speaks up, "I know tonight is a family dinner night, but a friend of mine is in town and I was wondering if he could join us."

"Yeah sure who's this friend of yours son?" Dad asked, I could tell by his voice he wasn't all that thrilled that someone was going joining our very seldom family dinners.

"Just another guy in my draft this year. Names Matthew Tkachuk."

My eyes widen. THE SON OF THE FAMOUS KIETH TKACHUK IS GOING TO HAVE DINNER WITH ME! I MEAN US! 

"WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME THAT THE OFFSPRING OF THE ONE AND ONLY KIETH TKACHUK WAS COMING TO DINNER I WOULD HAVE PREPARED MYSELF BETTER!" I yell at my brother hitting him in the head with my clutch purse.

"You look fine Melinda just don't fangirl too much. You might scare the poor kid." My mom soothes from the front seat. I dramatically slump in my seat practically having a panic attack.

AT THE RESTAURANT

"Reservation for Matthews." My father asks in a fake posh accent. I swear this whole family is insane.

The waiter leads us to a secluded table in the back. There is a beautiful chandelier above the table. Pristine glasses and shiny silverware wrapped in silky soft napkins lay on the table before us. As we sit and take in the classiness a figure walks up to our table.

"Hello Matthews family. Mr. and Mrs. Matthews pleasure to be joining you this evening." The red headed hockey player slides in next to Auston and they greet each other with a handshake.

"Guys this is Matthew Tkachuk." Auston introduces us to the next generation Tkachuk sitting right in front of me.

I don't even realize I'm staring till Matthew speaks, "I'm guessing you're Melinda right?"

"Uh ya um yeah I am." I look down at my menu hoping he doesn't notice my bright red cheeks. From the corner of my eye I can see him smirking and open his own menu.

Through out the night my family even my sisters focus on Auston and Matthew. Thankful they haven't got to the topic of me getting kicked out of Minnesota. But nope no luck for me Matthews finally decides to include me on the conversation, " So how's everything here in Minnesota I see your a little injured may I ask why?"

Mental face palm.

"Um I was hit the other day in a game and I wont be on skates for quite a while. And most likely when I am able to I won't be in the same state." That was the easiest way to put it.

Auston slams his fork on the plate, "She means she can't play professional hockey ever again and she's been kicked out of Minnesota State completely."

My whole family and Matthew look at Auston with shocked expressions. I knew Auston wasn't happy with the whole situation, but that outburst was just completely unnecessary. I can't believe him. I can't believe he would just blurt all of that out especially to Matthew who's just looking between every body thinking of something to say.

I slam my napkin and fork on the table and walk out of the restaurant. I don't know where I'm going, but one way or another I have to get away from Auston. I hear footsteps running to catch up with me. Unfortunately, I am on crutches and can't go any faster than I am right now.

"Hey I'm so sorry I brought that up. I didn't have any right to and I know I stepped over boundaries I shouldn't have." Matthew has sincerity in his eyes. I can't look away. There's just something about the way his eyes shine and stare into my own brown ones.

"It's okay. You didn't know," I started moving forward again and he follows me suit, "And I'm not mad at you. I'm mad at Auston."

He stares down at his feet as we "walk" together to what I think is the local park downtown. We sit on the bench together enjoying the November breeze coming through the trees. Across the park a little girl sits with her mom and dad feeding birds and a dog chases squirrels up a near by tree.

"You mind if I asked for your number?" Matthew says out of the blue.

"Yeah sure." I pull out my phone which has a picture of me and my sisters posing at the grand canyon as the wallpaper.

Matthew lets out a small chuckle and we exchange numbers.

"I think I should get you back before your brother sends the police to get me." We laugh together walking back down to the restaurant. 

"Thanks for apologizing by the way," I say stopping in front of the restaurant to look at him once again," Most people wouldn't do that you know?"

He smiles, not breaking eye contact with me, "Yeah of course. I couldn't do that to a beautiful girl like you."

I start blushing like a maniac then my brother interrupts, "Okay I think we should be heading back to our hotel now. See ya later bud."

They do another bro hug thing and Matthew says goodbye to the rest of us. Before he leaves to his car he shoots a smile in my direction and he disappears into the fancy BMW. I follow my family back to our car.

"So Tkachuk aye?" Alex whispers into my ear. I blush uncontrollably and look down.

Best night ever.

A/N LOLLLLLL I started writing again. Im sorry this one was shorter I legit thought about this chapter in the middle of a algebra test and pulled out my phone to write it so peace love ya'll!!!