Draft Day

Melinda's POV

I came out of the bathroom and there was little Matthew snuggled up in the covers. With no shirt on......fudge sticks.....

"Like what you see?" He rose his eye brow and smirked. I shook my head and got under the covers with him and started the movie. He had decided on The Lion King which was also my favorite Disney movie.

"I chose a good one?" He asked noticing the giant grin on my face. I started nodding like an idiot. 

We laid in silence enjoying the movie and cuddling until the scene where Simba's father dies. I always cried at this part. It's a Disney movie why the heck are they killing off his father?! Matthew started kissing and wiping away all the tears that were spilling from my eyes. I looked up and noticed he too was also tearing up.

"Tough hockey player huh?" I laughed a little at his sensitivity. He just smiled and rolled his eyes and out of no where kissed me hard on my lips. We kissed like this for a long time till I noticed the ending credits roll in. I pulled away and got out of bed.

"Nooooooooo Melinda come backkkkk." Matthew pouted. I laughed at his childness and put away the movie.

I slipped back into bed with Matthew and snuggled up to his shirtless self.

"The draft is tomorrow just a heads up." (yes ik theyre there for like 2 weeks with the combine and everything but like I needa speed this up)

"Flames?" The Calgary Flames were highly interested in Matthew. As the Maple Leafs who had the first pick this year were interested in my brother. 

"Do you want to meet my family before it begins?" I was shook. I swear I almost choked on air, "I mean if you want to. I know you want to spend time with your brother, but my mother especially wants to meet you."

I smiled at him," It would be an honor to meet your family Mr. Tkachuk."

He laughed at my answer," Actually that would be my father."

Shovel sticks....I forgot I'm dating Keith Tkachuk's son. I went wide eyed.

"Are you okay?" 

"Yeah it's just sometimes I forget I'm dating the great Keith Tkachuk's son."

He laughed," Were you really already a fan of my family?"

I nodded with slight embarrassment. Sometimes it just shocks me. I knew Matthew before I KNEW Matthew ya know? It's really confusing but still. I was mesmerized by his father and there were times they showed Matthew and his brother and sister on TV but did 5 year old me know that I'd end up dating his oldest son? Nope I would have laughed and maybe puked because I had a strong hate towards guys at that time in my life.

Me and Matthew ended up falling asleep in each others arms.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up to my alarm and no Matthew next to me. Instead a note sat on my counter, 'Had to get ready for the big day, parents are sitting a few rows below yours. See you there Love <3.'

"It's my big day sister get your butt up and down to breakfast!" Auston barged into my room screaming like a mad man.

I stayed in bed just to annoy him. Forgetting he was one hundred times stronger than me he lifted me from the bed and onto my feet.

"Get ready I'm serious I needa wake up the other two now. See you down stairs." He yelled as he happily skipped over to my sisters room next door.

I laid out a casual outfit and a formal outfit for later tonight. For now I wore a band tee and a pair of washed out jeans with my black vans. I headed down stairs and sat on the couches down there when my parents came out.