We're not married

Tord came in the house carrying a crying teddy with his daughters following him. Torm heard his baby's crying and ran downstairs quickly to help her.

"Teddy bear what's wrong?"

Teddy held her knee and kept crying.
Torm took Teddy from Tord and sat her on the couch to take a look at her knee. He rolled up her pant leg and saw the blood flow fast from the wound that takes up all her knee. He frowned and wiped her tears away. Tom came downstairs with the first aid kit and cleaned his granddaughter's wound and bandaged it up with a gauze underneath to capture any blood and puss. (Im an EMT👍) Knowing that she would have to go to school with that on, Tom thought of something to keep the kids entertained and make Teddy smile.

"Isabella, Heart, why don't you go get your smelly markers and make your niece's booboo look pretty."

The twins smiled ear to ear and ran upstairs to get their markers.

Teddy felt better but was still ishly crying and it shattered Torm's heart.
He kissed his princess's forehead and rubbed her back and it calmed her down a bit.

"Why do you go upstairs and hang out with your aunts."

"Yes daddy"

Teddy got up and walked upstairs to play. Tord watched his son and saw how caring and loving he is to his kid.
He was impressed.

"Torm you so got your parenting skills from me."

Tom rolled his eyes at his husband's- wait a second. Tom looked at his hand and saw no ring. He looked over and Tord's hand and saw no ring.

"Tommy what's wrong?"

"Papa you alright?"

"We're not married..?"