e i g h t

returning home with her mind full of thoughts that reflected on the major events that occurred throughout the day, lisa dropped her things on her bedroom floor, flopping onto her bed.

"what is wrong with me?" lisa asked herself, realizing she's done just enough to make her teacher fall for her so quickly. she only had a week, which wasn't much time for a really big decision. lisa's choice could determine her and art teacher's future.

the next day approached quickly, leaving the teenage girl clueless of everything. sitting in the english class reminded her of the giant gap between her and ms. rose. the two have been separate overtime due to lisa spending more of her time with the art teacher.

lisa didn't have ms. kim to remind her how bad of a teacher ms. jennie was. it made lisa's day go by so smoothly until the last class of the day approached, causing lisa to think about what could possibly happen. the younger sat directly in the back of the class, afraid of any affection during the session, but that didn't forbid the teacher from doing what she does best.

the teacher stood by the younger's desk, observing the student and the amount of work lisa was putting up. lisa remained calm, finishing each and every assignment like she was told to. the teacher squatted, whispering into the student's ear, "you look so stressed. maybe, you should stay and let me help you relax." the art teacher left with a smirk, leaving the student dumbfounded.

thankfully, when the bell rang, lisa was able to leave without any disruptions from the lately possessive teacher. walking too quickly with her head down, lisa harshly bumped into someone. when she looked up, she met the brown eyes she had been unknowingly missed, ms. rose.

"oh, lisa. i'm sorry." the teacher was quick to apologize first when lisa was the one who wasn't being mindful of her surroundings.

"no, it's my fault."

lisa stood, adoring the teacher she missed greatly. the silence that stood between them was quite uncomfortable, but lisa didn't notice. ms. rose awkwardly stood in front of the student, afraid to leave the younger. "do you wanna talk in my classroom or something?" ms. rose quickly offered, noticing the odd stares from the passing students.

"huh, oh, yeah." lisa chuckled, following the teacher into the classroom that she oddly missed. when the classroom lights flickered on, losa smiled, taking a seat in the very front of the classroom. ms. rose sat at her desk, waiting for the student to speak her mind.

"i need your opinion on something, but you cannot tell anyone about it."

ms. rosé was taken back by how quickly lisa spoke. her tone sounded as if whatever was to be said had been dawning on her for quite some time. "um, okay."

"okay, say if you were a student at a high school, you know, just like me."

"okay."

"and one of your teachers start to slowly fall for you and immediately starts flirting, but you just follow along, but then, boom!"

ms. rose slightly jumped due to the sudden unexpected outburst from the student.

"your teacher asks you to be their girlfriend, but they're completely forgetting about where the both of you stand so, what would you do?"

the english teacher quickly thought about the whole question. is this why lisa has been distant from her? "okay, i would do what's right. it's illegal for a teacher and a student to date and the student could possibly face a bad future due to one specific note on their permanent record. lisa, is there a teacher who wants to be with you?"

lisa sighed, eventually nodding to the question that made her feel guilty. "it's just that i don't know what to do and i feel like if i say no, she'll hate me for the rest of the year. trust me, i do like her, but she's my teacher."

"wow, okay, um," the teacher didn't know where to start. "well, life is all about taking risks. can you handle this relationship?"

the younger thought about what the teacher had said. life is about taking risk, but does she really wanna take this risk?

"hey, ms. rose, do you know where li—,"

the person that caused this whole conversation slowly entered the classroom, asking for lisa. she didn't know why, but when ms. jennie came into the classroom, fear slowly approached her.

"oh, hey. i was looking for you."

"you were?"

lisa was quick to forget that she snuck out of the teacher's sight when the bell rung, knowing the teacher wanted her to stay.

"yeah, you snuck out of my sight when i clearly wanted you. ms. rose, can i borrow lisa?"

"she's all yours."

for now.

lisa waved before following the art teacher to her classroom. when finally reaching their destination, lisa sat directly in the back of the classroom, forbidding any eye contact from the art teacher who eyed her every move.

"nope, you're going to move right here." the teacher pointed to the seat that was in front of her. lisa sighed, grabbing her things and nonetheless, sitting in designated seat for her.

ms. jennie sat on the edge of her desk, eyeing the student oddly. "you've been acting weird. is it because of me and you know?"

"no." lisa was quick to lie, hoping the teacher would just go along and not notice the lie, but her hopes sadly didn't work and ms. jennie created an unfazed facial expression.

"okay, maybe no, but you said i had a week to answer you. it's only been two days."

"yeah, but i didn't think that you'd ignore and distance yourself from me. you know what just forget that i ever asked." ms. jennie walked to the other side of her large desk, seating down in her chair, sighing. "i don't know why i even asked."

lisa couldn't stand to see the teacher be upset, especially since she was the reason for it. she quickly walked up to the teacher, causing ms. jennie to have a confused expression on her face. no words could be said before lisa attached her lips to the teacher's.

the kiss brought lisa the bright truth. she wanted ms. jennie, but she's hasn't been listening to her heart and only listening to others and her disorganized mind. lisa slowly pulled away, breathing quickly and was amazed by her own actions.

"fine, i'll be your girlfriend."