t e n

the idea of sleep didn't certainly run through lisa's mind without the picture of the teacher suddenly appearing. there were countless times when lisa would try to close her eyes again, but once she did, the person who she suddenly couldn't get out of her mind was there, so she finally decided to just stay up, doing some extra credit work or watching a movie, but every single romance movie she watched, she could only daydream, using the concept of the movie for her and the teacher.

the sun finally rose, making lisa happy because she had something to do to preoccupy her mind and she could leave for school and maybe talk to the teacher. once she was finally done with her morning routine, she kissed her mother goodbye and walked down a few streets before entering on the school campus, seeing seulgi by the entrance on her phone.

the two best friends had been distant recently due to the relationship lisa held with her art teacher. the last time they spoke wasn't a friendly conversation, but instead, it was nothing but an argument explaining how seulgi felt about how distant they were and she felt that the younger was hiding something from her, but lisa wouldn't spill so, lisa decided it would be best if they stay away from each other.

"um," lisa nervously smiled, hoping to see a smile from seulgi, but instead, she was served a nice roll of her eyes. "hey, do you wanna go get dinner after school?"

seulgi scoffed, rolling her eyes once again. "oh, now you wanna hang out with me? what happened to all those times i asked if you wanted to go have dinner after school?"

"i understand you're upset, but please meet up after school with me so that i can explain everything to you." lisa begged, noticing the older's expression, already knowing she was gonna say no. "please, seulgi, you're my best friend."

"fine, but if you're not at my locker at three o'clock sharp, i'm leaving," seulgi said before walking away.

"when did she become so rude?" lisa questioned, chuckling after. she went through her classes like a normal student, answering a few questions now and then, and asking questions for better understanding of the work until she was faced in front of the woman she didn't wanna see right now.

"lisa, what is the cube root of twenty?" ms. kim asked, standing in front of lisa's desk. she noticed the younger daydreaming or looking away whenever she would look at her.

"um, eight hundred?"

"wrong, it's eight thousand. next time, you'll be serving detention." ms. kim walked away, focusing on the whole class as she spoke. lisa questioned herself repeatedly, wondering why she couldn't even answer a simple question that she definitely knew. when looking into the teacher's eyes, she saw nothing but hurt and disappointment when her eyes met in return. lisa sighed, focusing on writing notes and finishing everything she could until the bell rang.

when the bell finally rang, she happily placed her things into her bag, following behind all the students that rushed to talk to their friends. "lisa, stay after school. i would like to talk to you and how you acted today in class."

"i'm sorry, but i have to do something after school. can—,"

"then, we'll talk right now."

"okay, then," lisa sat down, watching the time as it ticked and ticked. for lunch, they didn't have much time and lisa was expecting to eat a salad from the cafeteria, but it looked like she wouldn't. "so, what's up?"