s i x t e e n

when seulgi finally awoke herself, she was met with the loud groans of the younger who seemed displeased with a headache. "lisa, you okay?" she questioned, grasping the attention from the younger.

"no, my head hurts and i feel really icky and horrible." the student explained, drinking the water that sat on her nightstand. "i am never drinking again." she raised her hands in surrender, indicating that she will never consume any alcoholic drinks anymore.

"yeah, okay." seulgi sarcastically agreed with her best friend, standing from the beanbag as she, now, by lisa's legs. she thought about last night, remembering the unexpected kiss and the adrenaline that ran through her. none of her wanted lisa to remember it, predicting it as just a way to ruin their friendship. "do you remember anything?"

the student thought about it, running through the memories in her mind. luckily, for seulgi, she couldn't remember anything except for falling asleep last night. "no, but i don't even wanna remember it."

the best friend sighed in relaxation when lisa said that. she could finally move on without that little accidental kiss messing up their friendship. "let's go make breakfast." seulgi pulled the younger out of bed, ignoring the whines and screaming.

"who makes breakfast in the afternoon?"

when approaching the kitchen, she organized all the ingredients she needed for their breakfast which happened to be bread, avocados, and four eggs.

lisa lazily made the toast, plopping the pieces in the toaster. she remained asleep until the toast popped up, creating a rush of adrenaline to run through her system, scaring her completely. "oh!" she gasped, placing the hot pieces of toast onto the plates. seulgi giggled, mashing the avocados and making the eggs.

the student picked up the bouquet of roses, staring at the flowers in bewilderment when she read the note. "when did these come through?"

"yesterday night. it's from ms. rose," seulgi notified the confused younger, chuckling as she realized the alcohol might have really taken a toll on her. "the plan is working. ms. rose has made her first move, now, we just wait to see what the others have in mind."

as if someone knew what they were discussing, the doorbell rang and both girls were quite alarmed by it. no one's expected except for her mother who should be returning home soon so, it left the two girls scared. the student called out for the person behind the door, praying it was her mother who just so happened to forget her keys or her hands were too full. "who is it?"

"it's the pizza man. you called for large pepperoni pizza less than an hour ago and it's already paid for!"

lisa snickered, knowing for sure that she was asleep less than an hour ago so, it had to be seulgi or someone else, but the other shrugged and told her to open the door. the box was soon handed to her and the pizza man disappeared, leaving the two confused as ever.

"there's a note!"

i know you're hungry, so eat up!
                            —jennie

"so much for making breakfast." seulgi stepped into the kitchen, staring at the half-complete breakfast. "oh, well."

the student heard the tone of her best friend, recognizing that she was indeed upset. she didn't want to waste any of the food and cooking with seulgi was always fun. "no, no, we can just eat this now and eat this for dinner, alright?"

"no, it's okay."

"seulgi, i said that it's fine." lisa explained, placing the pizza on the counter before clutching the two avocados by the toast. "you said we were gonna eat breakfast so, we're going to eat some breakfast." the younger replied, watching as seulgi's expression swiftly changed. the atmosphere remained silent and both girls were cautious with the situation because anything could happen. while cooking the remaining ingredients, their eyes met multiple time and within those multiple tomes, seulgi giggled, easing the attention just because it didn't feel right.

lisa caught onto the awkward behavior, oblivious to the reason why. "you seem very giggly today. is something wrong? am i dying?"

"no—,"

"seulgi, be honest."

"it's just that i like moments like these. they remind me of how much of a good best friend that i have."

the younger placed the utensil down, stepping closer to the other half of her. "what are you talking about? every moment with you is precious." lisa slowly wrapped her arms around her best friend's waist, resting her head on her shoulder. silence suddenly rushed through the atmosphere, seulgi's heartbeat increasing every second. it was happening all over again.

"y—yeah, of c—course." she stepped out of the younger's perimeter to only be pushed back and held still. "are you sure you're okay? you're acting really weird. did i d—,"

"lisa!" seulgi pulled away from the student, gazing into her eyes as she sighed. "i'm fine, okay? it's just the same hangover that you're suffering from that making me this way, okay?"

lisa stood, staring in disbelief and astonished as she had finally witnessed an outraged seulgi. a little giggle slowly escaped her lips, bewildering the other half of her. "alright, i believe you."

"why is this so funny to you?"

"because i finally got to see you so mad. you're never this mad and it scares me."

"ugh, what—,"

lisa wrapped her arms around her, kissing her cheek. "oh, shush." she giggled, stepping away from her.

the two had finally finished the avocado toast with eggs, devouring the delicious meal as they spoke about last night—well, what seulgi remembered at least. embarrassed would be such a huge understatement for how lisa felt about tipsy actions. she drank one too many drinks and ate so many sweets, seulgi didn't know if she was on a sugar rush or drunk or both.

"yeah, no more drinking for me."

"sure." the other best friend furrowed her eyebrows, repeatedly.

a sudden knock on the door took the two by surprise, lisa jumping in her seat while seulgi nearly dropped the glass of water in her hands. "who did you convince this time to buy you a pizza?"

the student slowly opened the door, shocked to see who was at the door, but what they said took them by an ultimate surprise.

"i'm pregnant."