°2

"Aye... Wake up" I felt someone lightly pushing me. Remembering that I was asleep in front of the store I woke up. Immediately alert, and making sure Riley was still next to me. I tried to stay up as long as I could, but I got tired of keeping my eyes open.

"You can't be in front of my store like that, you gotta move sweetheart" Said an Arabic man. What a asshole, instead of asking if I need anything he tells me to move.

"O.. Okay. Do you know where the shelter is?" I asked. I stood up and dust myself off. I grabbed Riley's bag and put it on her stroller handle.

"Umm yeah, it's bout 30 minutes away. Do you need a ride there?" He asked. He unlocked the store doors and held the door open for me, I walked in and he followed me in.

"Yes, if you don't mind" I said. He looked me and smiled.

"Okay, let me turn on everything, pick anything you want out of here. I'll cover it, I know your probably hungry" He said while walking to the back. I grabbed a Gatorade, a salad, and two bags of chips. The man walked from the back and looked at me.

"Are you ready?"

"Yes, and thank you for the food" I said.

"No problem, let's go" I followed him out and he locked up. He led me to his F150 white truck and helped me get Riley's stroller. I got in the car and we were off down the road.

"So what's your name?" He asked while driving.

"Nia and this is my daughter Riley" I said. I didn't want to make to much conversation.

"Well I don't know your story, but if you need a job just come back down to my store and I can help you out. I'd love to help out as much as I can." He said. He seemed pretty sincere and I definitely would take him up on that offer.

"Thank you so much." I said. While looking at him. He pulled up to the front of the shelter and cut off his engine.

"I'm Amir by the way, here's my number. Call me if you need anything, or you need a ride anywhere." He said while handing me a card. It was a business card to a place called "Cutz" And it had his number.

"Okay Amir, thank you so much for helping me." I said while getting out the car with Riley in my arms. He got her stroller and back for me.

"No problem Nia" He said. He stood outside and watched me walk inside the building.

Once I got inside they checked me and Riley in, they told me in order to stay here I had to get a job within three weeks. Which is no problem since Amir told me he would give me one. Me and Riley slept in the building with women with children, I felt safe. At least a lot safer than sleeping on the street.

Growing up I was constantly in and out of different foster homes. I can't tell you how many times I'd been abused. Not just physically but, mentally and emotionally. John though, he was the first person to rape me. John is Tina's husband, he's a 40 year old white man. I was only fifteen when  I was sent to live with them. My last foster parent, Ms. Rose had died. She died from cancer. They sent me to Tina and John, and for the first year they were pretty good parents. Then once I turned 16 John began to take notice to my developing body, he would sneak in my room at night. John would molest me, and make me do things I didn't want to. Then he gradually got worse, until he finally decided to take the one thing that I had been holding on to. My virginity, after that it was nothing but hell. Every night turned into three times a day. Tina never seemed to notice, and I was too afraid to tell her. Until one day I finally gathered up enough courage to tell her.

☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪

"Ummm Mrs. Ross I need to talk to you" I said while slowly walking to her. I couldn't stop fidgeting with my fingers, I was scared out of my mind. John had always made sure to remind me that if I told anyone he would hurt me.

"Wassup Nia, you not pregnant are you" Ms. Ross said. Tina was a cool foster mom, she didn't game me. She acted as if she was my real mom, and she got me whatever I needed and wanted.

"No.. Someone's been hurting me"  I said while looking down. Tina looked up at me and took off her glasses.

"What. who Nia?  You can't tell me anything" She said. Me and her were pretty close, I told her everything that happened in my previous homes and she promised that wouldn't happen here.

"Mr.Ross" I said. She looked at me, as if she was trying to seek the lie. Her face turned cold.

"What did you just say?"

"He's been coming in my room every night. Hurting me, touching me, rapin... " She cut me off.

"You lier, my husband would never do such a thing" She said while standing up and pointing her finger in my face.

"I wouldn't lie to you. I wouldn't make this up, please. You have to believe me, help me please. I can't take it anymore." I begged. I needed her to believe me, I needed her to be my hero. She promised me.

"Cut the bullshit okay. Now shut the fuck up, John would never do some shit like that. And if he was to, it wouldn't be with some ugly black bitch like you. Don't tell anyone else this bullshit lie or well have problem. You hear me? " She said. Venom ran through each word she spoke. After that, it was like she hated me. Like she wanted nothing more than me to roll over and die. After I told her the truth, she treated me like shit. No shit was treated better than me, at that point I realized I had nobody.

☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪

Like ❤

Comment💬

Share 👭

Vote ☑