°7

Nia POV

"Amir come on, your never home anymore. The least you could do while your here is spend time with your niece." I said while standing up looking down at him.

"Nia look I just got a lot on my plate.. " I cut him off.

"I was homeless with a baby, no one to help me and you don't see me complaining. You don't see me neglecting my child, and you don't see me around here mopping. So don't give me that bullshit about having a lot on your plate. That's all I've ever had...... You can still make time for your niece Amir.. That's all in saying. She already doesn't have her mom." I said while looking at him. For the past three months Amir has been home 10 days. In those ten days he has not once took the time out to spend with his niece. I've been trying to stay out of it because but, I know Monroe is truly missing her mother and uncle.

"I'm sorry ok, I'll spend more time with her." He said before looking down. He knew I was right.

"That's all I want Amir. Is for you to be there for her, not just financially but physically." I said. He nodded and got up to hug me, I hug him back.

"Thanks Nia."

"No problem. I'm heading out, I have to pick up Riley from Chris's." I said before walking to the door. He started laughing.

"Y'all might as well be together." He said.

"I'm not ready for that. Talk to you later big head." I said before leaving and heading to Chris House.

Me and Chris haven't really been hanging out or talking that much since I told him I wasn't ready to be in a relationship. The last time we hung out together was Christmas Day.he bought Riley and me so much stuff. now,He'll just text me asking to see Riley, or come over and see her. Some days when I'm watching Monroe he keeps Riley for the day, like today. Amir let me go home a little earlier than usual since he was home and had nothing else to do. So I decided to go to Chris House and talk to him, I'm ready for a relationship with him. I like him a lot, and I love how he loves my daughter.

I got out the car noticing another car in his driveway. I knocked on the door and waited for him to come. He opened the door and looked a little thrown off.

"What you doing here? Your a whole hour early" He said while looking back as if he was hiding something.

"I came to get Ri, and I also wanted to talk to you. Can I come in, or are you going to keep me in the freezing cold." I said. Its January and he trying to make me sick out here.

"Uh yeah, co... Come in" He held the door and I walked in. We walked into the living room and the first thing I noticed is some female in my baby's face as she sat in walker.

"Uhhh what the hell is this Chris?" I asked, not trying to be pissed that he had a bitch near my child. The girl looked at us and stood up looking confused. Then she turned up her face at me before speaking.

"Let me guess, the ratchet baby mama" She said. That when I turned up.

"Bitch first of all I'm not ratchet, but since you want that ill give it to you. Now to you Chris, why in the hell do you have this skimpy bitch around my child." I said while Getty in his face. I was more hurt that he was with another girl, when he swore up and down that he wanted a relationship with me.

"Yo you need to calm your ass down, and back the fuck up." He said while grabbing my arms. I looked at him shocked because he never spoke to me this way. I moved back and looked at him before going to Riley.

I grabbed her out her Walker and grabbed her bag.

"Nia wait I thought you needed to talk to me." He said following me to the door as his bitch sat in the living room. I opened the door and began to walk out.

"Not anymore, go talk to your whore in there. You can forget about seeing my daughter again."  I said. He grabbed my arm.

"So that's what you mad about. look I like you a lot but, I have needs. I can't sit here waiting on you to decide you want to be with me." He said. I looked at him and scuffed.

"Well  glad I didn't come here and tell you how I want a relationship like I'd planned on doing. Have a good life Chris" I said before walking off. I don't have time for this shit, what is talking bout he couldn't wait. If I'm not good enough to wait for then I'm not good enough to be with. He didn't deserve me anyway.

I walked to my car with him still following me. I buckled up Riley as Chris watched looking like a lost pup.

"Nia wait, I'm sorry okay. Don't leave, and don't take riri from me." He said while holding my door open. I didn't look at him, I just looked ahead.

"Chris... Go back in the house with your girl. Me and my daughter will be good. Trust and believe that." I said.

"Baby.. I don't want her. She just somebody I was fucking from time to time before I started having feelings for you. She popped up today, I didn't invite her over here. Nia please." He begged. I tried to grab my door and close it but he wouldn't let me.

"Chris I'm just going home. I'll give you a call later." I said, he looked at me for a second before letting go of the door and taking a step back. I looked at him before pulling off.