°3

"Okay baby,  mamas going to get you some pampers" I talked to Riley as she cried her poor little eyes out. I was sitting up in the twin sized bed the shelter provided for us,we've been here 3 days . This was Riley's 3rd time waking up tonight. I knew it was because my baby wanted this wet pamper off of her.

"What's wrong with her?" Shay said. Shay was 19 and she had a three year old son. I meet her when I first got here and we instantly took a liking to each other.

"She has dirty diaper, but she doesn't have anymore." I said while rocking Riley, trying to quiet her so she won't wake the other people up. Shay walked off, then came back with a diaper.

"Where did you get this from CJ wheres pull ups?" I said wondering who she'd got the diaper from.

"Girl shhh, I took one out of April's bag. Her daughter has a whole box." She said while pointing over to a sleeping lady.

"Girl, thanks. I'm going to make sure as I get Riley a new box to return her diaper." I said while laughing. Shay is wild, one thing I like about her is that she doesn't let her situation bring her down. I've learned to do the same.

"Well I'm going back to bed now that lil RiRi is calm and happy. Night" She said while walking off to her bed.

"Night" I rocked Riley for a while till she went back to sleep. I laid her right next to me and put my arms around her. As soon as my head hit the pillow it was lights out.

☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪
Next Morning

"Shay can I use your phone to make a call really quick?" I asked Shay. I woke right up and bathed me and Ri, my plans today were to get a job. I can't have my baby going through this any longer.

"Yea girl, hea hunny. Put it on the charger when your done I'm taking CJ to the park" She said while handing me her iPhone 5s.

"K" I grabbed the business card Amir gave me and typed in his number. The phone rang for awhile until he finally picked up.

"Hello"

"Hi is this Amir?"

"Yeah, who dis?"

"Hey Amir this is Nia. The girl you dropped off to the shelter a couple days ago."

"Oh hey Nia, how are you?"

"Good. I was calling to talk to you about that job offer"

"Oh yeah, how bout I come get you and babygirl and take you guys to get some breakfast. We discuss things there" He said.

"Yeah that's fine"

"Ok, what time will y'all be ready?"

"Umm you can come now. We're already dressed."

"Okay I'm on my way then. See you soon"

"Okay"

I grabbed my purse, Ri's diaper bag, and put her in her stroller. I decided to wait outside for him. About 10 minutes later I saw a red Corvette pull into the parking area. Then Amir got out the car.

"Hey Nia. You ready?" He said while walking up to us. He bent down and played with Riley's fingers. She smiled, slightly opening her eyes.

"Yeah" I took Riley out the stroller and he got the stroller and put it in his trunk. We all got in the car and were on our way.

"So how have things been?" He asked.

"They've been going. Just ready to be out of this predicament. This is a nice car" I didn't really want to be talking about my situation right now.