°4

Nia POV

"Here you go mamas. Eat eat." I said to Monroe, Amir's niece.  It's been a month since I started being her nanny, and it's now late November.

Things have been going really better for me. I'm still living in the shelter but I've been saving up all my money and only spending it on food and things for Riley. Amir has been so nice and giving to me, and I appreciate him so much. He brought me an rose gold IPhone 8 plus so he could call me. He's brought Riley this iPad to watch shows on, and he comes and gets us everyday so we can spend time with each other. I really am starting to take notice of the little things he does for me, and it just shows me what type of person he is.

Christmas is coming in less than a month and I have no idea what to get Riley. I mean she's only a 2½ months old. Amir said he wants us to spend Christmas with him and his family. I haven't met any of them yet so I don't know how that's going to go. Hopefully all goes well, because I would hate to show my ass.

"No" Roe said while pushing the bowl away from her. Let me tell y'all, Roe is something else. This girl is the most sassiest child I have ever meet. Especially for a two year old. Being a nanny for her is not the easiest but I rather be here with her and Riley than to be working at a store. Riley loveeeeesssss Monroe, and vice versa. Monroe is so protecting when it comes to Riley and I love it.

"If you don't eat your food then, you can't feed Puff today" I said. I know she's going to eat now, she loves feeding her rabbit Puff. Amir got it for her when she saw it at the pet store in the mall. I can't fucking stand animals, the only animal I like is dogs. So this little rabbit scares the shit out of me. Monroe grabbed the bowl and started eating her food. While she was in her high chair eating I decided to go check on Riley who was upstairs in Monroe's room sleeping in her bassinet Amir bought her. She was still sleeping so I went back downstairs to Roe. I walked into the kitchen to see Roe and food all over the floor. All her Mac and cheese was now on the floor.

"Roe really? Now you don't get to play with Puff." I said as I started cleaning the food up. This is the most pickiest child I've ever met, she only eats a handful of foods.

"Noooooo..you stink" She said while folding her arms and pouting. I looked at her before going to the fridge and getting her some grapes. I cut them in half and also fixed her half of a sandwich. These two of the things she would eat. I gave it to her so she could eat. My phone began ringing, it was Amir.

"Look Roe Roe, it's uncle mir" I said she started smiling and laughing, reaching for my phone. Her and Amir have the tightest bond. I answered the phone.

"Hello" I said.

"Heyy, what y'all up to over there?" He made sure to check on us every other hour.

"We are fine Amir, how many times are you gonna call" Roe was starting to get fussy, I know it's because she's not speaking to her uncle.

"Till I get tired of calling, but nahh I was calling to let you know my boy Chris is going to come over to see Roe. That's her God dad, so make sure she's up and calm." He said. I smacked my teeth, this nigga.

"Amir really, you know how I feel about being alone with people I don't know. Why couldn't he come see her while you were here." I asked.

"Because he will be working then. Look he's a good dude he's not like that, chill out. I'll call y'all in a lil bit" I huffed.

"Okay Amir, your niece wants to talk to you though." I said while handing her the phone. Her plate was clean so I took it and put her juice on her tray. Her Amir was talking about what, I don't know. Once she was done she handed me back the phone. She drunk her juice then I took her out her high chair and we asked to the living room. I sat her on the couch next to me and we watched her favorite show, Doc Mcstuffins. About a hour later there was a knock at the door. I picked up Roe and put her on my hip before walking to the door. I opened and saw a chocolate man, he was flashy with his jewelry.

"I'm Chris, your Nia?" He asked. I nodded before opening the door wider. Roe had jumped in his arms smiling.

"Hey Roe poke, I missed you" He said while kissing her cheek.

"Umm I'm going to go upstairs really quick." I said to Chris, he nodded. I went upstairs into Roe's room and saw Riley up. She was just laying there looking at the wall. My baby is so calm, I would've never known she was up if I hadn't come up here. I grabbed her and changed her diaper.

I went back downstairs and went to the kitchen grabbing her bottle and putting it in the warmer. Once it was warm I walked back into the living room and sat on the single seater sofa. Chris and Roe we're playing with Puff. She was on his lap as they sat on the floor in front of the couch.

"Aww she's adorable"  Chris said while looking at Riley. I smiled.

"Thank you, I see you like kids" I said.

"Yeah, ima have some of my own one day" He said. I nodded.

"Their a blessing, so how do you and Amir know each other?" I asked.

"Ummm, we do business together..... Look Roe I brought you something" He said while grabbing the bag he had brought in with him. He pulled out an doll. Roe's face lit up.

"Tata" She said while reaching for it.

"Wait I got to take it out the package first mama" He said while unpacking the doll. Then he gave it to her.

"So how'd you get the honors of being her god dad" I asked.

"Well her mom is like my little sister. You know me and Amir have know each other since we were teens, and being close to him I became close with his family." He said.

"I wish I had that in my life growing up" I said.

"What?"

" A family, never had one" I looked at Riley.

"I never really had a family either, I was a foster child but Amir's family became my family. You have family, you have your daughter" He said.

"Yeah she's my life, and you a foster child? I would have never guessed. I'm one too." I said while smiling.

"Looka there, we have something in common" He said while smiling.