Calm

Evan and Connor looked at the waves that lapped at the shore, such a familiar sight that felt so saddening to look at without Him.

They both sat on the sand, shoes off on their towel a few feet behind them as they laid together just staring at the water. Its been two weeks since the incident happened and both had no idea what happened or what to do, what does someone do in a time like this?

Evan laid his head on Connors shoulder sighing sadly and he dug his fingers into the sand below him, feeling so helpless in this situation. Connor noticed his unhappy mood and wrapped his arm around him, pulling him close for some sort of reassuring contact. He could only do so much, in timed like this things were rough. Evan hasn't had a decent night sleep since he first got sent to the hospital, it was such a surprise. Who knew that the perfectly healthy, obnoxious, loud mouthed, hothead, insanely cool Jared Kleinman would collapse with an unknown sickness camping in his body.

It happened happened on November 5th, 18 days ago when it happened.

----

It was a lovely day in autumn, chilly weather, warm drinks all around and warm fires and plenty of cuddles. Evan woke up groggily and groaned when the bright light from the sun shone through his curtains waking him up by blinding him. He groaned and sat up rubbing his eyes tiredly, trying to wake up fully. He stood and grabbed his phone of the charger and shuffled to the bathroom the splash some cold water to his face. Evan quickly shot a text to his boyfriends asking them if they wanted to hang out and hopped into the shower without waiting for a reply.

Once he was dressed he grabbed his phone and went into his kitchen and started his breakfast while checking his messages.

Cronchyboi: yeah in free, what ya got planned Ev?

Hottopic: I'm done for anything as long I can escape my dorm! My roommate is planning a party today and I don't want to be here for that.

Cronchyboi: why didn't you tell us? You could dorm with meeee or Ev babe!

Hottopic: let's just go out please Jare.

Evan smiled happily down at his phone and stopped his coffee and poured himself a cup and started scrambling his eggs and texted back smiling.

Naturelover is back online.

Natuerlover: sweet your both free, we can head over to the beach like we normally do, or get some ice cream and head over to the park?? Or the mall maybe just to hang out and go on a date.

Cronchyboi: aw that's so romantic Ev!

Naturelover: oh shush J, I just want to spend some quality time with my boyfriends.

Hottopic: well let's do that then. What time?

Naturelover: um, how about around 12?

Cronchyboi: sounds good to me, see you two an a hour.

Evan looked up from his phone to the clock, shit. Did he really wake up at 10:50? Saturday or not he should of woken up earlier. He put his phone onto his pocket and started eating his breakfast and drinking his coffee.

---

Evan looked up from the waves up at Connor, Connor was staring so intensely at the waves it looked like he could set them on fire with only his eyes, a broken soul who healed over time had been crushed all over again at one fatal wound. "Connor..?" Evan asked hesitantly as he turned back to the water. "Yes Evan?" Connor said, his voice so broken of emotion, I knew he was sad inside but he wasn't always the best at expressing his emotion. Or normally lashed out at others thanks to this or kept everything bottled up which wasn't good either. "Do you think... He'll.. G-get better?" Evan bit his lip nervously, they really haven't spoken about what happened to Jared but its still there, its still there. "I..." Connor looked at Evan for moment and saw that he was looking at the waves sadly, Connor turned back to the waves thinking on what he was going to say. Deep down, he truly believed Jared would get better but all signs point that he's not, that he just getting worse. "I do believe he'll get better, I really do... But its hard, all the signs are there just.. I want to believe he'll get better its just hard and its even worse seeing him.."
Evan nodded, and rested his head on Connors shoulder. "I keep thinking ab-about that day... The day when he h-had the episode... When it first happened.." Evan shuddered, recalling the day with sadness. Everything was fine and so perfect and then it ended horribly like something out of a nightmare.

---

Evan sat at A La Mode anxiously yet excitedly waited for his boyfriends to arrive. He ordered himself some chocolate ice cream as he waited for them to arrive. By some, Evan got two scopes with chocolate sprinkles and chocolate fudge. He loved Chocolate, as he was waiting for them he thought about how they all got here before the door chimed signalling someone walked in and he heard the bickering between his two loved ones. He looked up excitedly to see Connor and Jared hand in hand auguring over something stupid probably. He happily waved them over and grinned ear to ear when they sat down.

"Ev, calm your tits were here okay?" Jared joked playfully, smiling. Connor rolled his eyes and flicked him on the forehead. "Leave our boyfriend alone, thank you very much Jare." Jared rolled his eyes and turner back to Evan. "Already got your ice cream?? Were we to slow for you? I'm offended." "Yeah you slowpoke what took so long, your car break down?" Evan shot back jokingly and Jared feigned fake offense. "How dare you, my beautiful car doesn't break down! Connor took forever putting on Zoe's eyeliner!" Connor snapped his head up, staring at Jared in fake offense and Evan could indeed see some eyeliner.
"Alright, alright! Anyways why don't you guys go get some ice cream and we can chat and head off, how about that?" Evan stated, smiling sweetly at them. Connor nodded and Jared bit his lip anxiously and stayed in the booth as Connor got out. "I'm actually not that hungry after breakfast, and I don't really know why. I had a really light breakfast." Jared admitted absent minded, staring at the table. He looked up to see both of his boyfriends to looking at him concerned.

Jared instantly put his hands up, growing nervous and anxiety growing in his stomach. "But hey, its nothing! Just a slow morning, okay?" He smiled nervously, Jared really didn't want them worrying for them and he stubbornly didn't tell them that he wasn't feel okay and was particularly tired.
Connor shared a concerned look with Evan but nodded slowly. "If you say so Jare." He said slowly and walked to go get some ice cream, Evan grabber Jared hand and rubbed circles on the back of it. "Are you sure? We can just go back to my door and cuddle if you want too." Evan asked sweetly, he gazed at Jared lovingly hoping that he was okay and would be gentle with him if he needed.

Jared nervously looked at their hands and really wanted to go to Evan's dorm and just curl up and sleep forever and never again. He really wanted to, but being stubborn and insecure as always cause he couldn't let them miss out on a date because he felt tired! He should've just went to sleep earlier instead watching memes! "No! I mean, no, Ev would shouldn't stop our date because I'm not that hungry, c'mon we can go be cheesy and blind all the haters with out love!" Jared reassured, smiling to his boyfriend, trying to convince him. Evan looked down for a moment thinking about it, Jared seemed off but he didn't want to pester him and push him. Oh god, what if he said something wrong that day and Jared got upset, what if they pried to much and he stormed off?? Evan snapped back out of his thoughts to Jared rubbing his hand. "Hey, Evan, don't worry about it. I'm fine, okay?" He said, smiling sweetly. Evan nodded and took another bite of his ice cream. Connor soon returned with cotton candy ice cream and all three boys soon engaged into another deep conversations, unaware of the dark sad waves that were upon them, about to crash but not quite there, eye before the storm.