Rain?

Evan drove off drumming in a repeated pattern, counting each strum quietly, as he approached the next light down he saw a swerving car approach dangerously fast. He harshly hit his breaks, but it was no match, the rain had cause the roads to be slippery so instead of braking he spun out of control and felt a strong impact on the car. Evan was flung forward and hit his head on the dashboard and suddenly there was nothing, he felt nothing, the police arrived hours later to find a horribly accident.

Wait, that can't be right.

A swerving car approached dangerously fast, he harshly hit his breaks?

That's not how it went. At least that's how Evan thought it happened... But that happened right?

Evan rolled up to a red light and watched as a swerving car approached dangerously fast

He watched it approach, every second it came faster and Evan just stared.

The other car hits it brakes and swerves even harder, there are car tires screeching as other cars braked.

Evan gripped his steering wheel and watched it, his knuckles turned white as his breath got caught in his throat.

This seemed right... Evan didn't hit his brakes at all, he just watched it come closer.

Evan felt noting as he watched the car's blearing lights approach, the rain thundered down harshly as he thought about the car. He didn't know why but he didn't want to turn away or jump out the car and avoid the swerving vehicle, he had an odd feeling of just wanting to crash. He felt a longing void in him to just accept it and let go, it was a crushing feeling as time slowed down for him. He could easily just slip away and see Jared again, he was so close he could just reach out to him, but what about Connor? He couldn't just leave him, but what was the point... Evan found it difficult to go on as he tried to heal but there was still this nagging to let all his worries go and just disappear but he always viewed his wishes as selfish to his friends and family and to Connor.

He's heard about this longing before... l'appel du vide... 'call of the void', a French term...

A strange appeal to self-destruct in situations with life and death.

He had suicidal trendies in the past and he never tried to act on them and relayed on comfort from his mother, but now looking at the life and death decision he didn't know what to do, it happened all to fast and before he could back out to save himself, the impact happened.

Thunder boomed as lighting crackled against the dark sky as glass and blood littered the ground. Evan laid there he had fallen out of his car and looked up at the black dotted sky. Was that his vision? His vision blurred as more black dots appeared and his head felt fuzzy. Oh yeah, he hit his head the dash board ... was he bleeding? Sirens reeled in the background but Evan didn't care, he barely heard them anyway, all he could think about was Connor as he slipped out of consciousness .