The storm

Evan was up ahead chatting with a store clerk while Connor and Jared where hand in hand waiting for their boyfriend to return with 'surprise gifts' they were chatting idly having a good time. Everything was perfect, the waters were calm and lapping at the shore timidly and everything was calm, the eye before the storm. When suddenly violent dark waves crashed against the shore dragging Jared into the deep blue with them, once was calm the next horrifying. Jared was okay one moment the next he felt horrible and collapsed to the floor, jerking and seizing, pain rushing through him unexpectedly. Connor who was standing by him happily was snapped back to reality to feel his boyfriend fall and lose his grip on his hand and rushed to catch him. He cradled the smaller boy trying to get a response, confused and called anxiously for Evan. Evan being happy with the gifts he got dropped them immediately at the sight of his normally tough boyfriend anxiously holding through once outgoing and healthy boyfriend who was seizing on the floor, unconscious.

Evan rushed over instantly panic rising through him like an tidal wave, what was happening was Jared okay? He seemed fine but he clearly wasn't, was Evan a bad boyfriend for not noticing? Oh god how did Connor feel? Evan didn't even notice his breathing picking up or the hot tears falling down his face. Evan tried to calm down and looked towards Connor for anything, his eyes were glassy with tears swelling up and held Jared close frantically asking him to answer, and was trying to calm Evan and himself. Evan tried to do the breathing exercise Jared showed him a while ago to calm down, it wasn't working well but it did a bit. He shakily took out his phone and called the police hoping they would get here in time to help Jared with... With whatever was wrong. Jared was unconscious and he was breathing which was good but it was shallow and so small, which was deeply concerning. Was there something Jared was telling them?? Did he know about this? Thoughts flooded Evan's mind quickly as he tried to think of a logically answer of this. Soon sirens filled the worried mall, the air was dense with confusing and suspense. The ambulance came and ushered Jared away while Connor and Evan jumped into the back. They both didn't know what to say and held hands tightly together as they watched their lifeless boyfriend. It happened so fast it was all a blur to the sick with worry boys. One moment they we're fussing over and cradling Jared's unresponsive body the next they were anxiously waiting in the waiting room.

Evan blinked at his surroundings that came to focus and realized he was sitting in a waiting room next to Connor, how'd they get there that fast? Evan gripped the chair and tried to calm down, his eyes must've been bloodshot because he was still crying from the events that occurred earlier. He turned to Connor who's legs were crossed and he was tapping his foot impatiently, messing with lose stands of hair. He looked like a mess, his hair was frizzed up and uncared and he looked like he had been crying, no, he looks like he's about to cry, his hands were shaking as he messed with the strands and he was muttering to himself. Evan shakily ran and hand through his hair, was this a nightmare? Surely he would wake up at any moment and Connor and Jared would be there to reassure him it was all fake? Evan gripped the onto his seat and really hoped it was true, it had to be. This was to much like a horror film were everything's fine one moment and with no warning or indication suddenly they were throw into a massacre. What did they do to deserve this? What did Jared do to deserve this? Sure he was an asshole and acted like he was better than everyone but he's just insecure and deep down he deeply cares about others and what they think. He just has a really, really hard time expressing these feelings and keeps them bottled up, and he put up boundaries, defenses just so he wouldn't get hurt. We all do it sometimes, his were just harder to break. But once you break it you can see him for his true colors and not the ones he pretends to be.

The waiting room was surprisingly quiet except for a clock ticking and nurses rushing by and other people chatting or crying. There were only two other people here, yet Evan wasn't interested in their conversation, or their pitying looks they threw there way.
Soon minuets honestly felt like hours to Evan, he didn't know what to do. He fidgeted in his seat and got some coffee, nothing was helping other than Connor's hand linked to his, finally a doctor walked out and called out anyone who knew of Jared. Both were instantly at there feet anxiously looking at the doctor. The doctor motioned them to follow as they walked down the hallway and towards the elevator. "So you two are associated with Mister Kleinman how?" They asked, Connor tightly gripped Evan hand as if to say if it was okay to tell the truth, he got the hint and nodding. As they all walked into the elevator, Connor spoke up. "Where his boyfriends, now do you know what happened to him?" Connor said quickly, he was worried. The doctor just gave a thoughtful look, and Connor looked like he was ready to fight them if they dared commented on them being poly or gay. "Unfortunately we don't know what's wrong with him, were running tests right now to find out what's wrong. And he's still unconscious at the moment but we believe he'll wake up soon. I'm sorry to hear that your boyfriend collapsed. Did he act any differently before it happened?" They doctor asked. There was no disgust on there face as they spoke and they seemed quite okay with it.

Connor relaxed and thought about what happened, Jared said he wasn't hungry after having a light breakfast did that have to do with this? "Um, he didn't really eat much while we were on a date and he looked tired." The doctor nodding and stepped out of the elevator and led the boys towards a hospital room. "Well, thank you for informing me of this, I'm his Doctor, Dr. Chris Hayens. I'll inform you both if he gets better and I wish the luck to your relationship when he gets better." They spoke politely and opened the room door, Evan and Connor anxiously walked inside. Evan, being silent the entire time, didn't know how to feel or what to say. It still felt like an unreal dream to him and he just wanted so badly to wake up, but seeing Jared in the hospital woke him up to the harsh reality that this is real and something wrong. Jared was hooked up to many machines, probably to monitor and find out what's wrong, and he looked more tired and lifeless than before if that's even possible.
Connor didn't know what to think seeing Jared like that, it was just so awful to see him like that. He looked peaceful yet so lifeless at the same time, is that even possible? Both boys sat down in the chairs and sighed exhausted, they were so worried and tired but two thoughts plagued both their minds. What's wrong with Jared and will he recover?

(A/n if you see any mistakes please tell me)