Drain

Warnings, if you get triggered by death don't read this chapter.

Then,

Connor's phone rang.

Both boys groaned as the chime filled the silent dorm with basic calling music.

"Just ignore it and let's go to sleep."

"Shit it's the hospital again..."

Evan sat up instantly and looked at the phone screen as Connor held it in his hands nervously. He hesitantly picked up and pressed the phone up to his ear, Evan started chewing his nails as anxiety washed over him, he examined Connor's facial expressions closely. Connor listened the man on the other in and sighed in utter defeat and sadness and he pressed his lips in a thin line. Evan curled up into a ball, running a hand through his hair, as he felt the tears well up, the way he reacted only meant bad news. Connor spoke softly and hung up moments later and then proceeded to sob and start crying, he shakily told Evan that Jared had died.

Just like that,

He was really gone.

It was just over.

Evan didn't want to believe it, but he did. And it hurt. It really did, he started crying too, all the hope he had just gotten vanished into thin air as if it never existed, he just died. He was ripped from them violently and the water finally cleared as if the storm came on a mission to drown the boy. Their lover, the boy they cared for so much, they one they sung to, the one that baked, the one who played piano along with them, the boy who spoke German occasionally, the one with shitty memes and a goofy perfect laugh the one who puts them before himself, him they lost him. The boy who ran into them at the beach because his best friend stole his glasses, and she proceeded to throw them at them. The guy who brightened their day just by smiling, the boy whose snarky remarks to haters made their hearts swell, the boy who played weird memes. The boy who cared for the both of them with his heart and wanted them to be happy and put them before him, him. Yeah, he was gone, he slipped away at the dark hours of the night, alone in a hospital, did he even remember how much he was loved? Did he finally get free from the all the pain he felt? Did he even leave peacefully?

Evan broke, he started crying and rocked back and forth as all the memories of Jared filled his thoughts and it dawned upon that he was not going to be around anymore. He knew he was getting worse and he could always go see him and the sight of him filled him with hope that he'd get better, but now he was gone. Evan leaned into Connor and buried his face into his chest and cried. Connor rested his chin on his forehead and held him tightly, he rubbed his back and cried. His whole body shook as he clings to his boyfriend, nothing seemed real except Evan. Soon the two fell asleep each other's arms shortly after calming down and just clinging onto each other.

>>>

Over the next few weeks the boys had to plan their lover's funeral and it wasn't easy, every time they tried to plan, it ended in tears with little work done. They had to invite Guma for Alana's sake and her small family, calling people to break the horrible news of passing away was difficult especially if you knew the deceased personally. They invited Alana and her family, Evan's mom and her fiancé and his son Jeremy, Connor's family and their other friends. After finally getting everything prepared the day finally arrived and the day was so unbelievably perfect it made the boys wither in sadness at the reality of the situation. It was bright and sunny outside, not a single rain cloud like in he movies, or any cloud. It was the sunniest day of the fall and it was Jared funeral. Things don't work in movies like they do in real life, just because it's his funeral doesn't mean it would raining and be gloomy. The two grieving boys got dressed and drove in silence, they didn't dare touch the radio, it hurt too much to hear the upbeat music Jared left on it. They decided to have the funeral at the orchard they went to often, Jared once said he'd enjoy being put to rest in a bed of flowers somewhere quiet, he never liked the thought of being buried in a gloomy cemetery with other deceased. So, in respect, they did just that and planned for him to be laid in one of his favorite isolated place.