Chapter 20

* Load your save game?

                 * Yes     No

The three of you had met up with Eggman once again. Cocky smirks danced your features as the 'good' ole doctor started sweating in front of you. "You guys sure are persistent..." He mumbled.

"And you sure are fat..." You mumbled back as Sonic and Gadget began to snicker. Getting annoyed by your snickering, Eggman quickly continued. "But, none of that matters because just in one day... you all with be eliminated." This time Eggman smiled as you stared at him in angry silence.

He retreated as Orbot and Cubot followed him, only leaving Infinite. "Why...? Why do you continue to fight?" He asked you as his yellow eye glowed curiously. "You know that you will be eliminated tommorow... but... your determination..."

He looked away from the three of you, admiring the functioning city below him. "Your determination is annoying." He finished. He also retreated, going in a different direction than Eggman.

You all tilted your head, confused looks dancing on your features.

You decided to think about this tomorrow.

~

The whole resistance stood proudly, facing the enemy they swore to defeat. Copies of Shadow, Metal Sonic, Chaos and Zavok stood in front of them looking empty.

You stood next to Sonic, a gem nestled in your hand. You remember this gem no doubt, but do you dear reader?

No?

That's okay, lemme show you that memory again.

-

As you looked down at them with annoyance, many looked up at you with disappointment in their robotic eyes. You soon landed in front of the base, you picked up a familiar gem.

-

"Sonic, I need to tell you something." His emerald green eyes turned to look at you. "Hm?"

You held up your hand high enough for him to see. "This gem might be an advantage sweetie. Gadget has one too, this might work!" Sonic lightly grabbed your arm, turning and looking you in the eye. "It might work."

Giving you a quick peck on the cheek, he turned raising his hand in triumph. "Let's go and win this war!"

"YEAH LET'S DO IT!"