Chapter 1

I'm running. The footsteps are getting louder, they're closing in. I round a corner, it's a dead end and the fence is too high to climb. I knew this day would come, I just didn't know it would come so quickly. I thought I would have a few more weeks, but they're here to haul me away, again. I turn to face who they sent this time. They sent only one person this time, they must think I would weaken after time. Their mistake. 

"You're new, aren't you? I have never seen you around. So what, they think I've gotten weak at my training, just because I don't train there anymore?" I ask. He takes a few steps towards me, staring me down. 

"Oh come on! You won't answer two question? You know they won't get answered there, don't you?" He takes a few more steps. I cross my arms over my chest. 

"If you’re trying to intimidate me, it's not working. I don't cower in fear like all your other escapees," I say as I get up on a trash can and sit down, there is no way out of this. The fence is about 15 feet high, why such a high fence in a city? I guess it's not a city any more, since no one lives here. 

"I'm here under the orders of Mr. Deraci. I am to bring you back to the Center, that is all," he answers. 

"Oh! He finally speaks! Now because I knew this day was coming and there is no point fighting it out because they will send more of you like they always do, can we at least go to my house, so I can get my stuff?" I say jumping off the trash can and heading towards him. 

        He looks shocked, I'm not surprised, they probably told him a hundred time that "she will fight you" and "don't judge her strength." I notice his fists bawling up, probably thinks I will attack. I smirk at him, they’re all the same. "Um, I'm not sure if I'm allowed," he replies slowly and grabs my arm before I can make a mad dash for it, as if. 

"Oh come on! They tell you everything besides that if asked they can go get their stuff? They are really slacken with you newbies. They always told us, 'in a capture if the person asks, they can go get their belongings.' Fine. Please let me go get my art book and pencils?" I ask. I’m lying, but I need some extra time. There is no way I'm just going to go with him back to that prison. 

"Um..."

"I will get down on my knees and plead with you, please it's all I got left and it took me forever to find them." I start to get down on my knees. 

"Fine, ok just make it quick," he pulls me up and pushes me out of the alleyway. 

        I wonder if they will ever stop chasing me, I doubt it. I start the journey back to home and he follows right behind me with a hand on my arm. Probably thinking I will try to escape. I still can't believe they sent a newbie after me, I mean come on I use to be best when I was there, now it's this guy and he's a stick. His brown hair looks like a mess. He has big blue eyes, high cheek bones, and is about five inches taller than me. He looks really nervous. 

"What?" I ask and stop walking. He looks alarmed and pushes me to continue, but I'm frozen and he can't move me. He gives up and answers my question. 

"It's just anyone could live in any of these houses and any of those people could have guns and could shoot before I pull mine out." 

"Well, this is the quickest way to my house and stop worrying. Besides if you had a gun, you would have pulled it out on me in the alleyway. I have checked all these house a bunch of times. The only person who lives here is Macy and she 72, so she's not going to be much help to me. Besides, I've checked her house she has no guns and she hates weapons-" He looks more nervous than before and his face is reddening. 

"What? What is it?" He asks quickly. 

"She will probably be wondering why I left," I say. 

        He doesn't reply, but shoves me on my way. I walk slower, thinking about all I've done for her and all she's done for me. I mean, I did just kind of lie to him again, but he won't know. I seem to be lying a lot to him. I quicken my pace, to get to my house. I will be able to take him down there. We are leaving the town when he stops me. "I thought your house was in town?"