Chapter 5

"I have Dylan Werst here, he needs a medic now!" I yell as I approach the gate. 

        They open the gate, obviously they have been waiting for his return. Someone tries to tell me where to go, but I remember. How could I forget the location of my childhood, the Center? With Joe running as fast as he could, we get to the clinic in a minute. I jump down and yell for help. I start to pull Dylan down, when Dr. Fondu appears with a stretcher. I tell Joe to go home and he starts back to the gate. I don't have time to worry about Joe, yet. I quickly follow behind Dylan. Dr. Fondu quickly cleans his face and sprays the pain killer in his mouth, before his assistant even notices me. 

        She pulls me out to my own room and says to wait, but what more could I do? After what seems like forever she enters with supplies to treat me with. I let her wipe off all the blood and fix up a cut as I realize where I am. Sadness seeps into me, but then I remember Dylan and it almost disappears. Almost.

"Can I ask you, what happened?" She asks. I tell her starting from when I came downstairs until now. She looks shocked and asks about any other wounds and I tell her I have two ribs broken. She gives the medication to fix them and starts to pack up her stuff. 

"What you did was very brave," she tells me. 

"Will Dylan be ok?" I was only worried about him. 

"Oh, yes would you like to see him?"

        I nod and stand up to follow her. We walk down the hallway and around the corner. She shows me his room and walks back to the nurse's station. I enter his room and see his bed in the corner next to the window. I pull up the chair, so I can sit next to him. He looks pale and I see that they are giving him blood, but his arm is fixed and his head looks better. He must be in a coma, he did have his head pounded into my counter. 

The nurse enters, to check on his vitals and I realize I've been in here for hours. "Nurse, when he wakes up can you send word to me immediately?" I ask her. 

"Oh course, Alexander."

        I'm surprised she knows my name, but word must have gotten out I was back. I wondered when Deraci would show up. They probably told him I was recovering and couldn't be bothered. I sit with Dylan for another hour before I'm told to leave. I stand to go and I push the chair back into its corner. I look back at Dylan and head towards the door. Deraci is standing in the doorway. 

"So it's true, the amazing Alexander is back from the dead?"

I look at him and remember when I broke his nose, which makes me smile. 

"Yeah, I'm back. Met someone who got into some trouble," I look back at Dylan. I wish I could stay by his side, but hospitals rules. Deraci draws my attention back. He moves forward and hugs me. I stiffen, but don't move. He pulls away and looks down at me. Why must I be so short?

"Come on, you need a place to sleep tonight. We will talk about your punishment tomorrow."

        He pulls me along out of the hospital and towards the dorms. Once inside my own dorm, I collapse on the bed. I still can't believe I'm back, the only place I want to be is next to Dylan, but I can't do anything there. I sigh and crawl under the covers. I quickly fall asleep. 

I wake and grab some clothes and head to the shower. After cleaning up, I put my hair up. I do a few stretches. When I open the door, I see two guards next to my door. They nod at me. “I’m going to jog to the hospital,” I inform them.

        They don’t move, so I leave the dorm. I start running to the hospital to see Dylan. I see no one on my way there. I must be up earlier than I thought. Once at the hospital, I head straight to his room and pull up the chair like yesterday. After a few hours, when the sun is up higher I go to the cafe and grab an apple. After eating, I stay in his room for a few hours. Nurses come and go, but none tell me to move.