Chapter 12

I know it's been a while, I've just been really busy and school starts this week, yay. :(  Anyways, I'm going to start adding some songs to each chapter, so if you have any songs you would want me to use just comment the song and I'll check it out. 

-------- Chapter 12 --------

        They file out and I follow with Dylan right behind me. He hands me the heels I left by the door. I don't put them on. I would rather walk barefoot then have to wear those again. They lead us away from the dorms. Only a few people are out at this time and all stop and stare at our little parade. I can only imagine what we must look like.

        They drop us off at a conference room and leave. The room is empty besides the table, chairs, and a plate of food in the middle of the table. My stomach growls, so I grab an apple from the plate. I sit down next to Dylan as the door opens. 

"Dylan Werst and Alexander Reade?"

"Yes," I say turning to see who it is. I have never seen her before. She has really short black hair and is by far one of the shortest people I have ever seen. Her brown eyes look me up and down before focusing on Dylan.

"We have a new mission," she says making her way to the other end of the table. My heart sinks. Another? I thought I was done with those.

"We were recommended you two for the job." She passes a folder down to us. "Have you heard of the Box?"

I see Dylan glance at me. "No," I lie.

"The Box is what you two are to find and retrieve. The Box can change time in a small area, it can provide life and destroy life. We need to find it before another group finds it. They could do a lot of damage to a lot of people if it's not in the right hands. There have been several reports of sightings, but as soon as our men get there they are attacked.

"We believe you can find it. We will provide you with everything you will need. This mission will be taking up most of your day. You are to come here in the mornings instead of training. You will then continue through your normal schedule," she stops talking and looks at me.

"I have been told you were the best and with your time away, you got better. I want you to train Dylan and get him caught up to your speed. You two will be training in the afternoons. Mr. Dry will be given a letter explaining your new situation. Any questions?"

"Um, yeah. Who are you?" Dylan asks after a moment.

"Oh! My bad, I'm always doing that. I'm Mrs. Smith," she says with a smile.

"I haven't seen you around here," I say.

"I'm a transfer. Came from New York." 

"Why'd you come here then?" Dylan asks. 

"This is the closest compound to where the Box has been tracked too." 

"We will have access to all training facilities in the compound, correct?" I ask.

Dylan was looking through the folder and stopped to look at me. I smile at him before turning back to Mrs. Smith.

"That is correct. Now we have one more issue to address before you can leave. This morning my men found both of you in Dylan's room. What did you two do?"

"We went there after the dance and I fell asleep on the bed. That was all," I say looking at the table as my cheeks turn red.

"Are you sure? You know you broke at least two rules by being there, correct?"

"Yes," Dylan says quickly.

"Ok. Well, we are going to act as if I pulled you both from your own rooms. Don't do it again," she orders standing. She walks out and we are left alone. A door opens a second later and Deraci walks in.