Chapter 14

Had some free time, so got this chapter posted. We got a 1 for our first band competition of the season! yay!!! Anyways, enjoy this chapter because there aren't too many left!! 

----Chapter 14----

My head hurts is the first thing I notice. I groan and sit up. I'm in my room and Dylan is sitting on Mel's bed with his head down. He jerks up when he hears me move. 

"You fainted." He stands and comes over to my bed. I move over as he sits down next to me. 

"My head hurts," I croak out. 

"You hit it on the ground." I set my head on his shoulder and close my eyes. He wraps his arm around me. My stomach chooses that moment to growl. I still can't imagine eating, though. The last thing I need is food. 

"Are you hungry?" Dylan asks. 

"No."

"Your stomach disagrees. When was the last time you ate?"

"Do you want the truth?"

He nods. I think for a minute before answering. "Yesterday morning."

"Yesterday! Why yesterday? Why didn't you eat today?"

"Food does sound good and I would just throw it up," I reply. 

"No wonder you fainted. I'll be back," he say untangling himself. He kisses my forehead before leaving to presumably get me food. I sigh and crawl under the covers. I must have fallen asleep because I didn't hear the door open. I feel the bed next to me move and I open my eyes. 

"I got you food and you will eat it," Dylan orders. I sit up to argue, but my stomach growls so I close my mouth. He hands me the food and I look down at it in my lap. He got me a sandwich. "Eat," Dylan orders. 

        I peel back the wrapper slowly and look at it. My stomach twists. You wanted this, I say to myself. I take a small bite and then another. Slowly hunger takes over me and I start to eat quicker. With half the sandwich down, nausea hits. I drop the sandwich and practically sprint to the bathroom. 

        I vomit into the toilet until there's nothing left. I guess I still can't eat. I walk out a minute later on wobbly legs. Dylan is throwing away the sandwich when I walk back in. I don't look at him as I crawl back into bed. He comes over and lays down next to me. I make no move towards him, after all he did just hear me retch in the bathroom. I'm a little surprised when he grabs my hand. We sit in silence for a while. I'm drifting off when I feel his hands shake. I open my eyes and turn towards him. I notice he's shaking, I didn't realize how cold it is in here. 

"Get under the sheets," I order. 

"What?" He stutters looking at me. 

"You heard me, you're shaking. Now do as I say."

        He crawls under the sheets and I grab his hand again. After a moment of hesitation, he pulls me closer. I rest my head on his chest and drape my arm around him. His arm is around me and we're still holding hands. I smile to myself, he's an amazing boyfriend. I listen as his heart beat slows and he soon is fast asleep. I follow him into sleep shortly. 

        I wake the next morning to a heart beating in my ear. I don't want to get up, but we have class soon. I untangle myself from him and head to the bathroom. I take a shower and wash my hair. By the time I'm out and dressed, Dylan is awake. 

"Mel left a little while ago," he says. I completely forgot about her last night that must have been awkward walking in on us....

"Ok, are you ready to go get breakfast?" I ask sitting down next to him. I grab my hairbrush.