Chapter 2 | Crimson red lipstick

|Anjali|

"Anjali!! Get up now or you will be late for college!" Screamed Lara across the kitchen. I woke up with a jolt and frantically searched for my phone which was lying beside me. Looking at the time I rushed to the toilet for my morning routine.

She slipped on a pair of blue top and dark skinny jeans which fit her perfectly slim model shaped figure. She tied her hair into a perfect bun and got done with her eyeliner outlining her beautiful light brown eyes.

"Oh god, i cant be late today! Ms Tina told me there is a new student coming and i have to show him around campus!" I said pouting while applying a final touch of my crimson red lipstick.

"Why red?" You asked? Because its bold and dangerous like me. Just kidding! I love the color red!

"Honey, I hope he is handsome and who knows he might just be the one for you." Teased my mom as she laid out waffles and eggs for breakfast.

"Not again mom, for the last time i just want to focus on my studies and i have no time for love drama." I said rolling my eyes as i quickly sat down to finish my breakfast.

"Okay gotta run, bye mummy! I love you!" I chirped as i wore my high heels and grabbed my bag and laptop.

"Bye honey, have a great day in school!" said mum.

My mom, Lara works in a law firm she is a well renowned criminal lawyer. She has brought many dangerous criminals to jail and may be described as ruthless by her associates during the trials in court. She is a confident woman that fights for justice of the innocent people. I love how i took after her beautiful features and confidence.

"Anjali, thank god you made it on time!" yelled a familiar voice as i turn around to see my childhood best friend Aditi skipping her way to me.

We used to be neighbors until her parents decided to buy a bigger house which is a 30 mins walk down the central city. My mom always took care of her like a daughter and i found myself a lifelong friend. Yay!

She is tall and slim, long curled hair wearing a red crop top and ripped blue jeans with sneakers and a light shade of red lipstick easily passing off as a Victoria's Secret model.

A diva in short.

We are more than best friends, we are soul sisters. "Hey Aditi!" I give her a big hug as we make our way to class.

The period bell rings as we enter the lecture theater and i see Ms Tina scribbling the assignments for the day on the board.

After a brief moment, she glances to the students still strolling in slowly. " I will count to 3 and afterwards the next student that i see walking in will receive detention! Now move it!" She shouts while checking the class attendance sheet.

"1"

"2"

She looks up before saying 3 and the whole class is seated by then.

"Good, let's begin!" She glances at her teaching material.

Damn! she just won the teacher of the year award! Was she from the military?!

"So any idea who is the new guy?" whispered aditi from the back seat as we took out our notebook.

I tell her almost everything, she is a trustworthy friend. We are like lilo and stich. She is my Ohana! Ohana means family and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten! Well.. you get the picture.

"I have no idea but Ms. Tina insisted that i guide him through and bring him up to date since summer holiday is just around the corner and also it was a direct order from the principal, I guess we will find out soon enough." I whispered back at Aditi.

For some unknown reason i felt that today is the day my life would take an unexpected turn.

Oh sweet cupcakes!

******

Hey beautiful people! That's our girl anjali! Give her some support and love. ♡.♡

Qotd: Do you like gummy bears?

Till the next chapter! Love and hugs!