Chapter 15 | Darkness

|Anjali|

It was a beautiful, cool Saturday morning, the soft rays of the sun were shining through the white curtains, illuminating the room as Anjali yawned and stretched in her bed, her alarm clock went off.

She turned off her alarm with a swift hit and tossed herself back into her cozy warm bed, closing her eyes again and pulling up her duvet. Finally,  school was over, and she could enjoy her well-deserved summer break with Aditi.

"Anjali?" A familiar voice spoke.

"5 more minutes mom" I mumbled.

"This bitch.. I bloody knew you would not get up on time!" fumed the voice getting closer.

Bitch?! Was my mum drunk or something? The only one who called me that was Aditi when she was madly pissed off.. Wait a minute.. Aditi... Oh Nuggets!

I quickly sat up on my bed, rubbing the sleep off my eyes just to see a really pissed but still cute looking Aditi with arms on her hips staring at me in disbelieve. She reminded me of my mum sometimes.

"Hey babe, you look amazing today! Omg! Are those your new earrings? How beautiful!" I smiled warmly, hoping she would not rip me apart.

"Don't you dare.." She raised a finger dramatically like a teacher stopping me. "We were supposed to go shopping at the new mall in town! Imagine the horror when your mum told me your lazy ass is still asleep snoring away on the bed." She finished heading to my dresser and brushing her hair.

"What?" I yawned.

"Well, that's not how she actually phrased it.. But whatever! Get your ass off the bed, we don't have all day!" she said, putting down my hairbrush.

"Ugh! Fine! Morning to you as well, sunshine!" I sighed, dragging myself into the shower.

"Oh and your mum just left for work! She made breakfast for both of us since she knew I was coming over today!" Aditi yelled, leaving my room and heading for her breakfast.

I quickly finished up with my morning routine and slipped on a light blue sweater and dark skinny jeans. I added a bit of mascara and my favorite crimson red lipstick. I wore the matching gold dangling earrings that Aditi forcefully bought for me during a sale and tied my hair into a decent bun. Finishing the final touch with my Dior perfume that was a gift from my mum.

I walked into the living room to see Aditi making herself comfortable on the couch after ravishing her breakfast, texting god knows who. She was the most popular girl on campus, thus her fan following was huge.

I walked over to the kitchen counter to see that my mum made my favorite waffles with maple syrup and scrambled eggs.

I dug into my breakfast as Aditi walked over and sat beside me on the counter stool.

"After what you told me yesterday, Raj seems to be a really nice guy. You tame his inner beast." She winked.

Yes, I shared everything with this crazy Aditi last night before sleeping at freaking 2am, hence causing me to wake up late.

"Well.. He is just misunderstood. Though he has anger issues, we should not tap on his bad side." I mumbled through a mouthful of waffles.

"I guess you are right, Mr. Baddy has a soft spot for you." She chuckled.

Does he?

"Let's go! I'm done!" shaking the thought as I slipped into my heels and grabbed my handbag along with my phone.

******

It was a smooth drive to the mall as there was less traffic. We arrived at the well renowned waterfront mall that was situated in the heart of the city.