seven

It took Fitz a couple seconds to respond as he was still taking in how incredible Sophie looked.

“We are headed to Eternalia for dinner was all they told me.”

They made their way outside to use the pathfinder and twinkled off to Eternalia. When they arrived they were surprised to see they had leaped to the same spot next to the river that Fitz had taken her to the first day. It seemed like so long ago that Sophie realized who she really was and where she belonged. Next to the path was a scroll with a teal ribbon tied around it. Fitz broke away from Sophie to retrieve it, and brought it over to where she was standing. Together they opened it to see a note to them.

Sophie and Fitz,

You are at the first clue of the night. Think about how your lives have changed as you make your way to dinner. There is a table reserved for you at The Gnome Bistro enjoy dinner and reminisce on your adventures together.

Love,

Alden and Della

“Well at least they didn't try and rhyme it, but I still don't get what we are supposed to figure out,” Fitz said.

“Well let's just head to the restaurant, do you know where it is?” Sophie asked looking over the city where her experiences hadn't always been the most pleasant between her tribunals and Fintan's horrible healing but it had been where Fitz showed her a whole new life and they had snuck off to visit Oralie together.

Fitz thought back to the first day they had been there, he didn't know Sophie at all but he knew she was important. He didn't realize then how important she would be to him.

“I have an idea where it is, but I am sure we can figure it out.” Fitz said with a wink as he extended his hand to Sophie.

After a few minutes of walking around Eternalia it was obvious that Fitz did not know where the Gnome Bistro was but was not ready to admit that Sophie. He didn't think she would care that he was lost but he wasn't willing to take the risk. Seeing a bookstore ahead he quickly thought of a way to get directions.

“Hey Sophie, I hope you don't mind but can I stop in Pens and Pages for a quick minute. I ordered something before starting the elite levels and I wonder if they have gotten it in yet.”

“Sure I can look around and see if they have any books to help me with metaphysics.”

“Oh I think I have one at home you can use, I will only be a quick second, you can stay out here and enjoy the flower garden.”

“Ok,” Sophie answered disappointed Fitz didn't want her to go with him to the bookstore but not wanting to ruin the evening made her way across the sidewalk to a beautiful flower garden. It wasn't like any other flower garden she had ever seen and was almost like walking through a forest of larger than life flowers with some growing taller than Sophie.

Fitz disappeared into the bookstore to ask directions hoping it was at least nearby. It wasn't. Fitz wanted to make sure he knew exactly how to get there so he wouldn't have to ask anyone again taking much longer than he thought it would to make it out of the shop. He started to make his way into the garden searching for where Sophie had ended up and was blindsided to see her in the distance and she was not alone smelling flowers.