13: In The Garden

Rainbow Dash's POV

"Don't you think you should forgive her?" Twilight asked.

"Why would I forgive her when she almost ruined my whole life?!" I screamed. Okay, I might have exaggerated a little bit there...

It's Saturday and we are having a sleepover. I told my friends about what Lightning Dust did to me. Turns out, they heard it. Thankfully, they didn't believe it.

"Everyone deserves a second chance. Maybe you should confront her and maybe she'll stop it," Rarity said.

"Well, she's through with chances! How many times has she done something horrible? First, she purposely kicked the soccer ball towards you and acted all innocently, second, she and Gilda bullied all of you, third, she cheated on Soarin five times, fourth, she spread lies about me! Do you think she deserves another chance?! I gave her two chances and she just blew it away! I never hung out with her after she said she didn't want to be my friend anymore, and I forgave her slightly and if she apologizes, I might give her a chance. But instead, she made matters worse! She doesn't deserve to be forgiven after all she has done!"

"Well," Sunset began. "You forgave Twilight and me when we were blinded by magic. I bullied the others - mostly Fluttershy - and framed the other Twilight so that I could get the crown. Yet, you guys still forgave me, so why not Lightning Dust?"

"Well, you were able to show that you are worthy of being forgiven and being a friend. Lightning Dust made too many mistakes. She accused me of being the reason for her breakup when I left Soarin alone with his decision. I didn't force him to breakup with her and he was the one who showed me that Lightning Dust cheated on her. Why should I be blamed for something she did?"

"What we did was way worse, Rainbow," Twilight said.

"At least you made the mistake once. Then you changed. Lightning Dust got worse."

I heard them sigh, knowing that I wouldn't be convinced that I should forgive Lightning Dust.

"I just need some air," I said then went outside and into the garden.

I sighed then layed down on the grass, looking at the stars. I've never seen so many stars before and it's pretty. It brought a smile to my face.

After a few minutes, I stood up. I've calmed down a bit, but not that much, but enough to become happy for one night. Just as I was about to head back inside, I heard a faint voice.

"Rainbow Dash?"

I turned around and see a familiar navy haired dude just outside the fence of Fluttershy's garden.

"Soarin?" I walked towards him. "What are you doing here?"

"Nothing. Just," he placed his hands inside his pockets and sighed lightly. "Taking a walk. Never thought you'd be here."

"Well, Fluttershy invited us to a sleepover so yeah."

*insert cricket noise*

"Sorry..."

"What?" I asked.

"Sorry about Lightning Dust's lies. It's been like wildfire around school."

I feel my anger rising up again.

"Yeah... Lies..." I grit my teeth as I clench both of my fists.

"Don't worry, I'll do something about it."

"Yes, please do."

Silence. Add cricket noises.

"Hey, you okay?" I asked.

"Um, okay about what?"

"About the... uh... break up?"

"I'm fine... Slowly getting over it."

Another silence. I really don't know what to say next to break the awkwardness.

"Hey... uh... Where are you going exactly?" I said the first thing that came into my mind.

"Well, just taking a walk but, it's getting late so I might go home soon."

"Will you go now?"

"Why? Do you want me to leave?" His voice sounded a little hurt and sad.

"No! It's just that... uh..."

I hope Fluttershy won't mind me letting Soarin in her garden.

"W-would you... uh... like to come in?"

His eyes widened a bit. "Uh... sure... but are you sure your friend won't mind?"

"If she would, I wouldn't let you in."

He was hesitant, but he went through the gate anyway. We walked around a little bit. It was peaceful to say the least, since there was no one here other than us. Well, at least I kinda hope that is. But, I doubt that someone would really see us or even run in on us. The only sounds that were heard were our grass crunching because of our feet, the crickets making noises from somewhere, pretty sure in the garden, and the wind blowing onto the leaves, making them rustle. Yep, peaceful indeed.

It was also a bit awkward because we really didn't know what to talk about at the moment so, yeah...

Suddenly, something glowing landed on my nose. I was surprised but it's a good thing that I didn't jump. Then, a lot more glowing dots appeared around us, lighting the place a little bit. Turns out, these are fireflies. I heard a chuckle beside me.

"Dashie, a firefly is on your nose," Soarin said.

"Yeah, yeah, I know."

I wanted to get it off but I don't know how without hurting it. Man, my nose is starting to itch.

"Achoo!!" I sneezed, causing the firefly to fly away. I sighed then rubbed my nose. Out of the corner of my eye, I can see Soarin chuckling.

"What?"

"Your sneeze is pretty cute."

Heat rose up to my cheeks, I'm pretty sure I'm blushing so I turned away not letting him see it, even if it was already dark.

"W-whatever..."

Butterflies are starting to flutter around my stomach. Why am I feeling like this? What is happening to me?

I held my hand against my chest, trying to calm my beating heart. Suddenly, I felt a slightly bigger hand hold the hand that was placed on my chest, and an arm wrap around my waist. I gasped then turned my head around to see Soarin smiling down at me and only a few inches away. Usually I would have pulled away when someone touches me but, somehow I couldn't. I don't know why.

"S-Soarin?"

"Calm down. It's just me," he said gently and softly, making me calm down a bit. Suddenly, he hugged me, wrapping both of his arms around me. Both of my arms are trapped under his arms, and his head is right next to mine. This embrace seems warmer than the last one, and much even better. My face feels even hotter than before, and my heart beats so fast that I'm pretty sure he can feel it through our clothes.

"Dash..." he said softly.

"Y-yeah?"

"I'll make it up to you."

"M-make up w-what?"

"About the lies Dust had spread in school. I'll prove those were just lies."

"O-okay."

Another silence. I can feel my heart going up to my throat, making it a bit hard to breathe.

"Rainbow?"

"Y-yeah?"

"I think... I kinda like you..."

-----
A/N: Soooo... how do you like it so far? Tell meh!

❤ Vote and comment! ❤