7

"Kaa-san.. How is he?" Sasuke asks. He was trying to sound like his younger self but failing miserably.

"...He can't withstand such chakra loss. I'm not sure how he is until he wakes up." Mikoto says ringing out a cold cloth anf placing it back on Izuna's forehead.

Izuna's cheeks were blushed over, his breath deep and uneven. "He seems to be in pain." Sasuke says seating himself beside Mikoto.

"That's what it looks like, doesn't it Sasuke-chan." Mikoto says her hand voluntarily going to his chin then to stroke his hair like she used to always do. A small smile on her lips.

"Kaa-san, does Tou-san know that he's alive?" Sasuke asks.

"Mhm." Mikoto answers her son to humor him.

"Then why was I always kept in the dark? Does Nii-San know as well?" Sasuke asks.

"Itachi-kun knows yes." Mikoto answers.

Izuna calmed, his breathing still sporadic but his fever breaking. His eyes shook for a moment before he opened them and then blinked several times.

"Izuna?" Mikoto asks reapplying the cool cloth.

Izuna looks around for a moment then to Mikoto and then over to Sasuke. "Sasuke." He says smile reaching his eyes.

"Dobe." Sasuke taunts puffing out his cheeks and turning tomato red.

Izuna eye smiles then coughs harshly the sound wet and harsh.

"That's enough talking Izuna-chan. Just sleep okay?" Mikoto says pulling the blanket up to Izuna's chin.

Izuna nods, "Okay, can I see Kaa-san? Tou-san and Kaa-san must be worried. I left a while ago." He whispers then coughs again.

"They will know where you are soon enough. Just sleep Izuna." Mikoto says with authority.

Izuna nods before drifting back to sleep. Sasuke sighs, "Kaa-san?" He asks hands on his knees.

"Yes Sasuke?" Mikoto answers a big smile on her face, nothing made her more giddy than she cared to admit when her youngest asked her constant questions.

"Is he...?"

"Yes."

"Then why?"

"Do you need to know everything?" Mikoto asks eyes shut and standing to go fold her laundry. The dim light from the candles burning illuminating her face with its jumping flame.

"No, I just thought I was the only Sasuke." Sasuke suddenly says finger on his bottom lip.

Mikoto giggles, "Silly, You are! There will never be two of you. You both have your own personalities." She tells him and pats his shoulder leaning to get closer to him after putting down the blanket she was folding. "You will always be My little Sasuke. I love you always okay?" She whispers then kisses his forehead and walks off outside.

Sasuke touches his forehead then smiles and goes back over to Izuna, his eyes look dangerously at the boy that looks the same as him. "...Naruto... You'll never be Kaa-san's favorite... If you try... I'll kill you." He says squeezing harshly on the sleeping boys hand. Izuna reacts by squinting then opening his eyes to look for the person squeezing his hand.

"Sas-uke..." He whispers then smiles.

"Go back to sleep, dobe." Sasuke says then blows out the candle and lays down beside him to fall asleep himself.

Izuna tossed and turned, glowing red eyes plagued his dreams. The sound of a loud booming voice shot through his flesh and marrow. "Naruto..." The voice whispered. Izuna began to sweat, his forehead soaked in the wet substance. His breathing deepened, "NARUTO." The voice boomed louder. "DON"T ACT LIKE YOU CAN NOT HEAR ME GAKI!"

Izuna opened his eyes, "Who's there?" He asked. He was no longer beside Sasuke but in deep water near a cage. Red chakra caught his leg and burnt it. "Ita!" He shouted and drug deep under the water as it filled the area. The red glowing eyes emerged and Izuna took in the water but for some reason it didn't hurt to breathe it in. He opened his squinted eyes, and let the water bubble from his lips. He watched the glowing eyes with curiosity, "FOOLISH BOY." The voice echoed and Izuna placed his hands over his face to sheild from the explosive reverb. "COME NOW NARUTO, DON'T FORGET ME SO EASILY." The voice took on a more irritated tone.

A shadow of a figure appeared, "ASURA." The deep voice said and then the dream faded out with a bright light.

Izuna woke with a start, gasping and cold from sweating. It was light out now and Sasuke was still asleep. Izuna looked at the back of his hands, "Who's Naruto?" He asks mainly to himself.

Sasuke sighs in his sleep, "Naruto..." He says his voice sounding irritated and his breath huffy.

Izuna clenched his teeth and then thought with his eyes closed for a minute. "That voice... Was so familiar." He thinks his hand to his forehead. "Who was it? What should I remember..." He thinks aloud.

"Izuna, you shouldn't be up. You took quite alot of strength out of yourseld last night. Kaa-san was worried your fever wouldn't break." A deep gentle voice says from the doorway.

"Itachi?" Izuna asks looking up at the older teen then standing up. "Sorry, I was just having a nightmare... I couldn't sleep with so many questions about it."

"Do you wish to talk about it?" Itachi asks kneeling to put on his sandals.

Izuna shakes his head, "...So you knew who I was the whole time?" Izuna asks.

"Of course, you're Izuna... You were born sick, Tou-San refused you so Mother gave you to the Hokage and his wife." Itachi says.

"I know...I'm useless. I can't use my chakra without fainting... But.. Itachi?" Izuna asks.

Itachi looks up, "What is it?" He asks.

"Can you show me how the sharingan works?" Izuna asks.

Itachi smiles kindly, "Not now, maybe next time Izuna." He says and taps him on the forehead.

"Stay away from Nii-san! He's my brother! Not yours!" Sasuke suddenly shouts his fists clenched and eyes red with anger. He forgot and really could care less that he wasn't supposed to have the sharingan yet let alone fully matured sharingan's.

Itachi stands up and goes to Sasuke, "Be good, little brother." He says with authority and taps him on the forehead and places his hand on Sasuke's shoulder.

"Why should I? He's not important!" Sasuke shouts before brushing Itachi's hand away and stomping out of the room.

Izuna frowns, "...I'm sorry." He whispers anx too walks out. Grabbing his sandals he walks back to his own home. Ignoring Mikoto the light in his eyes dual.

'Who is Naruto?' He thinks.