𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝙶𝚒𝚛𝚕

As expected for a country known for tea, the monarchy and the weather, it should be no surprise when I say that it was raining that morning. It was another grim and grisly day in England, and in an orphanage somewhere within the countryside, in a fairly secluded area, an old man stopped his fancy black car which held a child.

This orphanage however was no ordinary place for children, no. This was a very special home, for the most intelligent of children. A safe and secure haven for young minds to develop their skills, which go far beyond what any normal adult is capable of. These children weren't just intelligent, they were sly, they were independent, they knew how to work out the most complicated of problems, both physically and mentally.

The old man opened up and umbrella as he opened the car door for the young child he had bought over. A new addition to family of intellectual young beings. Together they both walked towards the giant building, the young child hugging a plushie tightly, and gulping as they looked at the size of the building.

"Hello children,"
The old man greeted everyone who was inside the building, the moment he stepped inside, and immediately, kids of all heights and ages started to spill into the hallway of the house. The old man laughed at their eagerness to know who the knew face was, and ushered the group into the living room which held an expanse of toys, puzzles, books and other items to entertain them all.

He placed his hands on the child's shoulders, in a gentle manner as to make sure they didn't get overwhelmed.
"I would like you to meet our new addition to the orphanage,"
He looked down to the child, who was staring at their feet nervously. With an assuring squeeze to their shoulders, the said child lifted their head up, eyes widening as they noticed just how many people were in the room.
"Y/A say hello".

They stiffened, the child shuffling awkwardly behind him shoving as they shoved their face into a F/A plushie which they held tightly, hands getting pale in colour from the force they held the toy with.

" H..hello"
The young child stuttered and mumbled as they spoke, still trying to hide themselves away behind the old man's leg. A chorus awwws echoed off the walls and resonated around the room, each kid trying to get closer and talking over one another as they attempted to approach the new kid.

However, that wasn't so good for the shy, young, and easily flustered kid, who ended up squeaking and covering their face, as though it would hide them from the world. Which of course it didn't, and much to their distaste they ended up receiving the same amount of attention from their surroundings, if not then maybe even more.

The old man let out a light chuckle and ruffled Y/n's already messy hair, looking around the room as he scanned the sea of kids until his eyes caught sight of the two other younglings he needed.
"Matt, Mello"
He called to two boys, one with red hair and the other with longer blond hair, both of them looked at one another before looking at the old man, facial expressions revealing some untold nervousness.

"Please show Y/A around would you" the old man told the two boys, who visibly breathed out a sigh of relief. As though they had been expecting some other sort of request. The red head jogged over as his blond friend trailed behind him at a slightly slower pace, nibbling on a bar of chocolate which seemed way to big for a person to eat on their own in one sitting.

"Yes Roger!"
The red head responded, whilst the blond merely let out a small grunt in response before looking to the smaller child, who visibly shrunk in his gaze.