𝙲𝚞𝚍𝚍𝚕𝚎 𝙱𝚞𝚍𝚍𝚢

If there was one thing that the country of the United Kingdom was notorious for, then it was the dreary and grim weather which infested a good 3/4 of the year. The skies consistently brewed storms and rainy weather, grey skies and no visibility of the sun both day and evening. This eventually led to the weather becoming so bad that it blew through the infrastructure of buildings and windows.

In this case, it just so happened to be that the weather caused a leak to form above your room and your room only, resulting you to end up waking in the middle of the night to a consistent drip of cold water splattering in the centre of your forehead.

Once you woke up fully, the next drop water sent chills across your body, and the shriek you let out had Roger bursting through your door at 1 am to check up on you, pale as a corpse as he wondered what had caused you to scream so loudly.

"ROGER MY CEILING IS LEAKING!"

With a sigh of relief, Roger helped you stand on your own two feet, wiping your forehead with a handkerchief and wrapping your blanket around you as he led you to the hallway and to the living area, getting one of the matrons who worked in the building to make you a cup of hot chocolate whilst he inspected the damage that had been done by the rain.

Almost 10 minutes later, and after a steaming cup of hot cocoa had been consumed, Roger made his way back into the living room, sighing as he gave you a grim look.
"It seems that the rain has caused immense damp damage inside the ceiling, the whole orphanage may need a renovation at this stage.

Grouchy from both sleep and the fact that you were woken by rain, you grumbled.
" 'bout time, this place looks like it's gonna collapse."
Both your eyes and the old man's caught sight of a mouse scuttling across the wooden floor boards straight after you had said that, and you glared at Roger once more.

That night you slept on the couch in the living room, swaddled in 3 blankets and some spare pillows. You were silently seething at the situation you were put in for the night, and continued to keep that morose expression on your face well into the next day during breakfast when Roger got the attention of all the children as he made an announcement.

"It seems that our home needs some uh...renovations-"

He was interrupted by Mello snorting as he ate his chocolate cereal.
"About time old man,"

Roger coughed once more, expression twitching slightly as the other children  murmured their agreements with the blonde haired boy.

"As I was saying, since many areas of the building need fixing, everyone will be sharing rooms with those whose rooms are on the less damaged side of the orphanage, until we can fix everything up. Once the repairs are made, there'll still be room sharing until the entire house ks renovated."

"How long will it take?"
Matt asked, looking up from his DS for a brief second.

"No more than a week for the initial repairs at most if I contact the right people."

The other children in the room started to buzz with excitement at the sound of the whole plan.

"Can we redecorate our rooms as well?"

"Yeah! Plain walls are boring!"

"I want some pretty curtains! And a windchill!"