Rooftop

Y/N: Your name

H/C: Hair color + H/L: hair length

E/C: Eye color

F/C: Favorite color

---

New York was the same as always. Tourists and shoppers filled the already crowded sidewalks. Bright yellow cabs honked loudly, trying to get their impatient drivers and passengers through to their destinations. People walked in and out of skyscrapers, dressed in fancy suits. Children and teenagers suffered from boredom in school as they craved death, since five minutes could only be so long. 

School let out to the relief of the students. Teachers shouted out the homework and when the next test was, but did anyone listen? No, not particularly. 

A certain fifteen year old high schooler practically dashed out of school and into an alley. He quickly removed his school clothing and replaced them with a red and blue suit and mask. 

"Finally." Peter Parker sighed, stretching in his suit. He thrust his hand out and out came the spider silk, propelling him upwards. 

He stood atop a building, surveying the area. Seemed peaceful enough, he thought. Yesterday's patrol involved a stolen bike. He hadn't known whose bike it was, but he'd done something. That was good enough. 

He swung from building to building, marveling at the sights. Today did seem like a nice day, maybe there wouldn't be anything of interest-

"Ow." He mumbled. He'd run into something, no, someone. 

"Yes, ow. That's what you say when you run into someone. Either that or 'oof'."A voice sighed dryly.

Once Peter cleared his head, he gazed at the person in front of him. Their back was turned, and they were sitting on the edge of the roof with their legs dangling over the edge. They finally stood and turned around to look at him. 

It was a girl about his age. She had pretty hair that shone in the afternoon light, but he couldn't see part of their face due to a mask. She had a pretty mask, actually; it was a color that suited her and had light swirls curling around the eyes. The eyes were a pretty color too, shining mischievously, matching the rest of her visible features. She was wearing a dark blazer style trench coat, one of those coats longer in the back, and underneath was a simple shirt. She was wearing dark leggings too and boots, and the whole outfit had faint accents of F/C.

"I'm... I'm sorry." Peter managed. He hadn't seen her before.

"It's fine. I'm not dead, so it's fine." The girl shrugged, putting her hands in her pockets. They were gloved. 

"What's your name?" 

"Call me Anima. I know who you are. You're Spiderman, yeah?" 

"Of course. Friendly neighborhood Spiderman." Peter awkwardly finger gunned. The girl grinned. 

"Nice to meet you." She chuckled slightly. "I just started patrolling, so that's why you've only seen me just now."

"Makes sense."

The whole conversation was kind of awkward. She was nice, though. 

"Well, I have to go. Time to stop running from my responsibilities." Anima flashed a smile at him. There was a flash of light, and there was a hawk hovering in her place. The hawk flew off.

Peter frowned slightly. Two heroes, hm...? A shapeshifter at that... Interesting.

He had to find her and talk to her again so that he was less of an awkward idiot than he'd been just now.