Lab

"Peter, if you set something on fire, I will kill you."

"Unless the fire kills me first."

Peter glanced at his lab partner. Y/N was giving him a look, the one where you could tell the other person was exasperated and/ or done with the world. With Y/N, he was pretty sure it was both. 

"It's just s'mores, Y/N, what's the worst that could happen?"

"The s'mores could burn up and we would go hungry because I want some s'mores." 

They were currently doing a lab just for fun. They were making s'mores in a tin outside; the s'mores were being toasted by the sun. Of course, this was one of the more beneficial labs- not because they were learning how to make s'mores like this, but because it was essentially free food. 

"It's fine, Y/N. We'll get our food." Peter grinned at the girl beside him. She smiled back.

Since yesterday, his mind had been scrambled. (The mind of a teenager was always scrambled, but him more so than usual.) That Anima person had been on his mind all day. A shapeshifter? That was pretty cool. The student part of him marveled at that but also found that to be nonsensical, but the hero side? Well, the hero side was the same way, but more so amazed than anything. He'd have to ask Anima what animals she could shift into, or if she could change her features too. 

When Peter looked back at her, she was smiling. He was about to ask why when she pulled one of the s'mores out and took a large bite out of it. 

Oh. Right. Food.

He leaned forward and picked his s'more out of the tin. With one glance at Y/N, he could tell that she was planning to eat that if he didn't. Oh well. 

"Sucks to be you." He said, waving the s'more around. 

"Actually, no, I'm fine with being me, thank you very much." She retorted, swatting at him. She took another bite out of the s'more and finished it. "So if you're not going to eat that, I will. I'm hungry."

"You're always hungry."

Y/N shrugged carelessly at him and leaned back. For a split second, he contemplated telling her about being Spiderman, but then he remembered how stupid of an idea that was. Besides, he didn't want to burden her more than she already might be. 

"Hurry up, Peter. There's a worksheet to do." She snapped her fingers in his face.

Sighing loudly, he finished his snack and leaned forward to work on the assignment, pushing back thoughts of his meeting with Anima.