Best Day of My Life

I had a dream so big and loud

I jumped so high I touched the clouds

I stretched my hands out to the sky

We danced with monsters through the night

I'm never gonna look back

Woah, never gonna give it up

No, please don't wake me now

---

For once, Peter was happy. He was singing- how rare that was!- and running around town with Y/N behind him. To his delight, she was happy too. She was watching him and smiling at his singing. 

Was this what it was like to be in love? 

He knew he wasn't in love with Michelle, which made their relationship more awkward. He only knew her as Y/N's friend. Y/N was the one he loved. 

God, Aunt May was so right about him liking her. She always was. 

But Y/N was the only person he could see right now. He didn't care about everyone else around them, strolling along the sidewalk. It was like she was the brightest thing in the universe at the moment, or like everything was black and white and she was the only thing in color. 

God, he was so lucky to know her. She was so precious to him. If she was hurt, he'd come after whoever did it in full Spiderman gear. 

Michelle was a nice person, yes, but he wouldn't date her. He would date Y/N out of the two of them. Besides, he and Michelle had talked and decided to "break up", seeing how Y/N significantly reacted to it once. Her other reactions were just sarcastic and dry jabs at the two of them. So they did. He didn't know if Y/N knew. 

But he didn't really care if she knew. Okay, that was a lie. He did care. 

As if on cue, Y/N said, "So, MJ told me you guys broke up." Her tone was neutral, but she squeezed his hand lightly. He didn't let go.

"Yeah."

"Why? You guys were kind of cute."

"Says the one who gave sarcastic remarks to us all the time."

"Yeah, it's SARCASM, Pete." She grinned. Peter just laughed and swung her to him.

"Seems you remember my dance lessons." He noted, raising his eyebrows.

"And? You're a good teacher." Y/N said defensively. Peter held up his free hand in surrender. 

"I'll accept compliments," Peter said with a British accent. Y/N snorted slightly.

"Funny that a British accent suits you." She narrowed her eyes. "Are you sure you're not a Brit acting as an American boy?"

"I'm sure, I'm sure!" Peter said hastily in his normal voice. Y/N chuckled under her breath and lightly punched his shoulder. He gasped in fake pain.

Peter studied Y/N. She was wearing a big jacket that looked like she wore it only because it was comfy and didn't care for the size, leggings, and slip on shoes. She looked nice, but she always looked nice. He wouldn't admit that he wore the outfit he was wearing now just because he felt good in it and hoped that Y/N would be out to see him in it. Lucky for him, she was out to see him in it.  That made him a little cheery.

He squeezed her hand again, smiling. They walked along the streets for a while, chatting and having a good time. Suddenly she checked her phone and sighed.

"I have to get home soon," she said. "I might as well go now." 

Peter nodded, but pulled her forward and wrapped his arms around her. She seemed startled but to his delight, she hugged him back. 

Peter went home that night with a big grin on his face, hoping it wasn't a cruel dream. It had been one of his better days; it better not be a dream. If it was, he didn't want to wake up.

---

"Y/N?" Peter called out to her across the courtyard. 

"Yes?"

"Meet me in the old warehouse after school, okay? I heard Anima goes there often, so it has to be safe."

"...Okay?"

"I want to hang out for a little bit."

---

Peter didn't go to the warehouse as Peter Parker. He went as Spiderman. He wanted to show Y/N who he was. 

Unfortunately, Anima was already there when he came as Spiderman. She was pacing around a stack of boxes. Apparently, she heard him shuffling around because she stopped and smiled at him.

"Hey." She said. "I was about to go out."

Well, it was now or never. 

"Anima, I..." Peter jumped down in front of her. He took a deep breath and hoped for the best. "I want to tell you who I am, but it's easier if I show you because I have a feeling as to who you are."

She looked alarmed for a moment, but it was overtaken by cautious curiosity. 

Peter inhaled and hoped her reaction would be peaceful. He hoped his day wouldn't be ruined since he was still riding the energy from last Friday when he and Y/N spent time together. He closed his eyes and pulled off the mask, revealing his face.