Wall

"Hey." Anima's voice said from somewhere.

"Wait, what? Where are you?" Spiderman turned around, trying to find Anima.

"Up here, you idiot."

Peter looked up to see the shapeshifter standing on the wall above him. Her body was parallel to the ground, and her feet were planted firmly on the wall. As a result, her tailcoat hung around her legs on either side. She was smiling. 

"Oh, hi." Peter smiled slightly, but his mask covered his face, so he just laughed instead. "You look like that one person from Persona."

"The Joker?" She mused. "I suppose I do. It was a cool look, leave me alone." 

Peter-as-Spiderman glanced back up at her before shooting a string of web up to dangle next to her. He swung up and stuck himself onto the wall. She was giving him a look that plainly said "Showoff."

"So how're you doing that?" Peter asked Anima. "I can do it because I'm Spiderman, obviously, but how do you?" 

With a little smile, Anima finally turned to face him fully so that her side was parallel to the ground instead. 

"I'm a shapeshifter. I don't have to explain anything." She simpered. "Also because I'm too lazy to do any explaining."

"Really, now." Peter raised his eyebrows inside his mask. This was the person who he was supposed to share patrols with now?

"Fine, fine." Anima gave him a look. "I shifted to have sticky hands and feet like something that can stick to walls. It's more complicated than that, but that's the gist."

"Wow, really?" Peter leaned forward. 

"No, I'm wearing magical shoes with suction cups on the bottom." She said with as much sarcasm packed into the statement as humanly possible. 

"Oh, stop it." Peter sighed, swinging on a web. 

"Make me." The shapeshifter stuck out her tongue and turned around. She started walking in the other direction, still on the wall. 

Why did he find her so intriguing? It wasn't the outfit, though the outfit was rather cool, to put it simply. She had the personality of Y/N and Michelle, though more so Y/N, since Michelle was just... he didn't really know. If he thought about it, maybe Y/N was Anima...

No. It was a possibility, but he didn't believe it. Anima was just a fun shapeshifter, not really hero, not really villain, and since she shapeshifted, he couldn't just tell if she was his friend. 

For some reason, he propelled himself forward after Anima. 

"Hey, Anima!" He shouted after her. She stole a glance over her shoulder and smiled before starting to walk faster. 

Feeling a little bit energized, he launched himself at her. 

"Yeah, no." were the last words out of her mouth before she shifted into a bird and flew past him. He shot a web at her, but with a flash of light, she was back into a human shape and standing onto the wall. 

"I wonder," She said, "who could stay on the wall the longest." 

"That's out of the question. I'm Spiderman. I'm built for this." Peter retorted, going back to sticking on the wall. 

"That's out of the question. I'm Anima. I'm built for this." She repeated back to him, a mischievous smile on her lips. 

Peter let himself grin on the inside and lunged to her, planning to see just what she could do.