Joy

(Author note: Have a GIF of Tom dancing because I know you all like it. :D)

Peter couldn't wait for his patrol to be over. Yes, being Spiderman was fun, but it was stress inducing. Besides, he had to get to the apartment before Y/N did. Maybe he'd cut patrol from an hour to a half hour today. But only today. 

"I don't know why, but you seem anxious." Anima said to him from beside him. They were sitting on the edge of a rooftop together after a sparring match again. It wasn't as intense as their first one, but it seemed to slightly satisfy her. 

"I have an appointment to get to soon." Peter replied, his head spinning to create the lie. "Dentist. I hate the dentist. The sound of metal scraping on teeth... Ugh." He shuddered slightly. Well, that part about hating the dentist wasn't fake.

"Aw, sucks to be you." Anima smirked. "I gotta go. Be careful, don't die."

---

Peter was pretty sure he was going to die, because Aunt May had gotten into the apartment soon after him and fawned over the fact that he'd invited someone- "A girl!" She'd squealed- over for a bit.

"May, it's just Y/N coming over." He said, trying to calm down his aunt. 

"Just Y/N." She drawled, leaning against the counter. "Yeah, just Y/N, your good frieeeeennnnnddd." 

"Aunt May, please!"

There was a knock on the door. Peter scrambled over a chair to open it. 

Y/N smiled at him. "Hey. I'm here." 

"Y/N! Nice to see you again." Aunt May positively beamed at his friend as Peter dragged her in. "Are you hungry? I could make you guys some food before you study or when you study." 

"May," Y/N said with the utmost seriousness, "I'm always hungry."

At that, Peter snorted slightly and led her to study.

---

"Peter, where's your bathroom? I need to use it, and I'm getting bored of chemistry." Y/N finally sighed. He directed her to it and she left to use it.

At that moment, Aunt May had decided to make food for the two of them and played music while she cooked, since she was that kind of person. 

Peter padded into the kitchen and leaned against the counter as he tapped his foot along to the music. It was kind of catchy, actually... he liked it. 

He started moving his body along to the music and grinned to himself. Aunt May glanced at him, grinning, but said nothing. 

He swayed in time with it, concentrating on the rhythm and beats. He didn't particularly care if Aunt May or Y/N judged him for this, but he'd always liked dancing. He always liked finding an excuse to move his body, whether it was dancing or gymnastics. 

The beat dropped, and he let himself go as he bounced along to the rhythm. Yes, this was fun. 

He balanced in the empty space between the dining table and couch and readied himself. In time with the music- Aunt May had good taste in music- he got up and twirled along with the notes. He spun once, twice, thrice, and a few times before stopping and finding Y/N leaning against the wall, watching him. 

Stopping, Peter blushed slightly and watched her walk to him.

"If I danced," Y/N said, surveying him, "then I'd break my body."

Peter looked at her calmly, but his heart beat harshly against his chest from the dancing and from her close presence. 

"Then let me teach you without breaking your body." Peter offered, a grin making its way across his face. It spread across hers too. 

"I can't dance."

"Then let me teach you." 

As if on cue, Aunt May turned up the music, and he found more joy than he'd had in days dancing with her.