Anxious

I have something to tell you. Do you know the "hero" called Anima? I'm Anima. 

It's me. It's Y/N. I'm Anima. 

Can I say something...? You know how I spend an hour after school doing something? I'm on patrol for an hour every day after school as Anima. 

Y/N cringed at each internal monologue. She didn't even know why she was considering telling everyone. With each little scenario in her head, it felt like she was screaming, "HEY GUYS, I'M REVEALING MY BIGGEST SECRET TO THE WORLD! I'M AN INEPT SUPERHERO!" 

No way would she do that. She would do that sarcastically, yes, as a joke as to how heroes revealed themselves. She hadn't intended to reveal it to Michelle, but then again, she wasn't careful when she was coming in. Who had allowed Michelle in her room anyways? (It was her; she'd told her to wait in her room if she wanted, but she wouldn't admit that.)

Who would she even want to tell? She might tell Ned; Ned was a nice guy. She really didn't want to tell Peter and her family, gods forbid. How would she even do it to Peter? Would she appear at his window and yell, "Peter, it's me!" and rip off her mask? No thanks. How would she do it to her family? Would she stand there in the kitchen when they got home as Anima and take off her mask dramatically? Fat chance. She'd probably freak them out by appearing as Anima. She predicted that they would ask what was wrong and where their daughter was. ("I'm right here.")

She didn't even know why she did anything. She couldn't hide it forever. Everyone knew who the Avengers were, so she couldn't hide it much longer. (She could try, but she'd probably get in trouble if her family found out before she told them).

Sighing, Y/N threw herself back on her bed. She didn't remember how she got her powers. Maybe there was an explosion and there were a lot of animals nearby, so she caught them in the explosion. On second thought, she would be dead if there was an explosion. She wasn't sure. All she knew was that one day she had powers. She'd been imagining what it'd be like to have different colored eyes and suddenly she had different colored eyes. 

Y/N sighed loudly. She needed to tell someone about it. She was procrastinating on that. But she was also procrastinating on not procrastinating. 

Ugh.

She heard the door opening. The rest of her family was home. She would either tell them tonight or some other time. Better do it tonight than have it weighing on her conscience. 

She took a deep breath and waited throughout the evening, waiting for a good moment. 

She finally said, "I have something to say."

 They looked up at her calmly, and she froze. They looked happy and calm. They probably had a good day and couldn't wait to go to sleep... 

Y/N took a deep breath. "I... aced a test today." She breathed, then smacked herself for not talking about the actual subject on her mind.

"Well, fantastic." They said with a smile. If only she'd said the truth about her other identity and they'd saved that comment for that. 

(A/N: I considered writing something about a birthday seeing how it's Tom Holland's birthday today, aka June 1, but I didn't. Happy birthday to Tom and the frog in his mouth!)

(A/N: I made an edit at the end of this chapter instead of revealing your identity as Anima because it messed with my other plans. Sorry ^^;)