Apartment

"Hey, Peter."

"Hi, Aunt May."

Sighing, Peter slid into a seat at the dining table in his aunt's apartment. He shoved his backpack onto a seat beside him.

"How was school?" May asked as she slid him something to eat across the table. 

"Oh, fine. Everyone was talking about Anima all day." Peter shrugged. "Nothing special."

"Ooh, yes, I heard about her on the news today." His aunt leaned forward, watching him. "She seems interesting. I don't know if she can be trusted, since she's a shapeshifter, but I hope she's helpful."

God, he hoped the same thing. It would make his job as Spiderman easier if someone did half of the patrol with him. 

"She's been on the news all day. People have been trying to catch a glimpse of the poor girl all day. There are other things to talk about; I hope they know that." May sighed quietly and leaned back in her chair. "They should leave her alone for a bit. Perhaps she's a student. She kind of looked like it, but because of the mask, I wasn't so sure."

"Yeah, yeah." Peter nodded vaguely. He wasn't paying attention to his aunt at the moment. He was just thinking about the new arrival.

"Anyways, moving on." May smiled. "How're your friends? Y/N, Ned, and Michelle?" 

He should've figured that question would pop up sooner or later. Aunt May liked to tease him about girls at school. He didn't even know why. But when he asked why he was being teased, Aunt May just gave him a small smile and said nothing. It confused his poor mind.

"They're fine. Y/N is still always hungry. Ned is still nice. Michelle is still... whatever Michelle is." Peter rubbed the back of his neck in thought. Now that he thought about it, Y/N was always either hungry or tired, but to tell the truth, he was the same. 

"That's good." She nodded her approval and chuckled. "Perhaps start on your homework in a bit, Peter."

"I will, I will." Peter managed a little smile, and Aunt May gushed visibly. 

"There's my boy. Go on, finish up and start." May ruffled his hair and stood back up, heading to the kitchen. 

With the smile still lingering on his lips, Peter picked up his backpack and headed to his room. He quietly shut the door behind him and sat on his bed, thinking. But then his phone made a noise, and he looked at it. 

Hey.

It was from Y/N.

Peter's smile grew bigger as he picked up the phone.