Chapter 30

Chapter 30

Present time: Muspell

Weeks had passed since the man in the suit had first appeared on the border lands. The withered army of workers continued their project mostly unsupervised. Their strange leader would show up from time to time to oversee the work but he would then vanish for days on end. The zombie like workforce never stopped, they worked night and day, never resting, never sleeping. They never spoke or seemed to make any noise at all. A massive circular area had been cleared right down to the bare earth. Every last rock, stone, plant and root had been removed. Holes were being dug at regular intervals all around the perimeter of the clearing.

Sutur's army had been dismissed about a week ago, the magical barrier still held as firmly as ever. There was clearly no threat to his lands from these strange creatures. They could no more cross into his lands than he could walk out onto the plains. Sutur came back to the border every day to check on the work. He still had no idea what they were trying to achieve and he still didn't fully trust them. It seemed harmless enough, he did enjoy seeing them rip down the plants and shrubs, he was ever a glutton for destruction.

The huge black demon turned and walked back into his fiery lands, he would continue to watch and wait. He still couldn't shake the feeling that huge change was coming.