Ashley, I Want To Buy You A Toaster For Your Bathtub

••Andrea's POV

••
Andrea's POV

Once Cindy and I arrived at the campsite, it was all out war to get off the bus. The teenage staff memebers couldn't handle sitting any longer and quite literally every last adult needed to pee.

Badly.

Our bus driver had missed our halfway stop and wasn't sure how to get to another bathroom so we all cumulatively agreed to just hold it till we got here. I had a death grip on Cindy's arm as I yanked us both out through the congested crowd and into the auditorium room where everyone had gathered.

The chaperones were in charge of unloading duffel bags and getting the bunkers situated while the kids had an afternoon snack. No, we weren't staying in actual underground bunkers, but rather cabins with bunk beds. Somehow, everyone started calling them bunkers and a few years down the road, it stuck with us.

We all needed to register and grab our badges before we could start though, just to make sure everyone who signed up was accounted for.

"Who the fuck is Andria?" I asked, turning to Cindy. Some of the parents had turned around in distaste for my choice of words. Cindy elbowed me in the rib cage.

"First off: Andria. Andrea. Same thing. Second: stop swearing! You're going to get us kick out before we've even started anything!" Cindy hissed back. I rolled my eyes at here but said nothing. The parents had already started in on the unloading and we went out to join. "Third off," She added, "I can finally understand what you're trying to say. Looks like three more hours of icing your cheek, was all you really needed."

I had to chuckle at that. It felt good to at least have my voice back.

-

It didn't take long before another bus pulled up into the grounds. It took the place of the previous bus in front which just released the last of the kids and had moved towards the parking lot about a mile further down the road.

The doors to this new bus opened, but instead of seeing a bunch of kids tumble out of it, they were teenage staff members. I didn't recognize a single soul that walked off that bus, and when my eye caught sight of the Applewood logo along the side, it all made sense.

"Looks like the Applewood kids are rolling in." Cindy noticed. I gave her a nod. There was one last guy that walked off the bus, one that quickly caught my attention. He was also holding a duffel bag in hand, but unlike my less than average self, his muscles ripples through his shirt whenever he switched the bag from one hand to the other.

A hand ran through his chocolatey brown curls that seemed in need of just the slightest trim, but I liked how they sort of did their own thing.

He was in some sporty shorts and a staff shirt that the administers had all of us wearing. He didn't look our way, but instead made his way over to the trailer that was connected to the bus.