Been Spending Most Our Lives Living In A Gangsters Paradise

Gangster paradise is up above if you guys haven't heard the song before or just want to bop to it cause it's fantastic

••
Andrea's POV

We quietly yet gracefully left the bunker... sort of.

Cindy tripped going down the two steps outside the cabin door and spilt all the contents that were in the duffel bag. But we bounced back real quick as we made our way across the open camp site to the boys bunkers.

Everything was dark and ten times more creepy at night. I was kind of grateful to have Cindy, Jade, and Emily with me, even though I couldn't really see Jade 9/10 times because of what she was wearing.

When we finally made it to A2, it felt like we had walked ten miles through rough terrain.

I sounded like my father when he used to tell me he walked ten miles every morning back home in Kenya, just to get to school. You know, that one exaggerated story every African father had told his children just so they'd feel grateful even though he arrived late for the ten billionth time to pick them up from school.

I imagine I'll probably tell my children that same exaggerated story.

Cindy's hand slowly wrapped around the cabin's door handle, but it wouldn't budge. "Shoot," She whispered, "Looks like they locked the door."

Crap. I didn't think about that. How didn't I think about that?

"I got this." Jade cut in, as she pulled out a small lock picking kit from her back pocket. Both me, Cindy, and Emily looked at her crazy, then each other, but said nothing. I wasn't sure why the actual hell Jade owned something like that, or why on God's green earth she would pack it for a kids camp...

But what I did know was that that was none of my damn business.

It took her literally three seconds to pick the lock, and soon enough, we were in.

The cabins were all laid out the exact same as ours, so maneuvering in the dark didn't seem to be a challenge. We had already gone over the plan for the night, which made everything even easier. However, if for some reason we needed to communicate, we used hushed voices and hand gestures that could only be seen in the light that was cast through the window from the moon.

I was in charge of super glueing, while Jade took care of the vent. Emily and Cindy started to set up the 6 alarm clocks that we preset to go off at 6:00am,6:01, 6:02, and so on until 6:06 for the last one. All the alarm clocks were placed in the boys bathroom which, might I add, looked untouched and incredibly clean unlike ours.

We'd only been in our cabin a day and there was already make up powder and hair products everywhere.

I pulled the cap off the super glue and squirted out a generous amount all over the toilet bowl before slowly setting the seat back down. After a few moments, I gave it a tug just to make sure it was really glued on there nicely.

Cindy handed me the lipstick tube but I just shook my head and handed it back. You do the honors, I mouthed to her. She gave me a smile in return as she wrote our message on the mirror.

Emily didn't take long to set up the last few alarms, and our final step was to squirt one more generous amount on the strike plate and latch bolt. Cindy quickly shut the door before the superglue could dry.

Are you ready? Jade mouthed to me. I gave her a nod while Cindy and Emily quietly exited the cabin. Jade wrapped the rubber band vertically around the axe bottle so it started to spray, the she set the bottle in the vent and rescrewed the screws back into place.

The very last assault the B2 girl made on the guys cabin was super glueing the entry door closed. I felt a rush surge through my body when I met the rest of the girls outside. We didn't dare say a word until we were a good ways away from the bunker.

"Oh my god that was exhilarating!" Cindy spoke, breaking the silence. We all erupted in laughter.

"God I wish I could see their faces when they wake up in a few hours." Jade added. We all nodded in agreement.

"Do you ever imagine yourself in a movie montage with a badass song playing in the back?" I asked the girls suddenly.

"Oh most definitely." Emily nodded, along with Cindy and Jade.

"What song are you imagining right now?" Cindy asked.

I paused for a moment before replying. "Gangsters Paradise. I completely forgot how it starts though."

"As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
I take a look at my life and realize there's not much left
coz I've been blastin and laughin so long, that
even my mama thinks that my mind is gone." Jade rapped. I looked over at my home girl as I tried to pick up my jaw that had most definitely dropped to the floor. I know this white girl did not just rap all that. She looked over at me for verse two.

And I mean, who was I to disappoint.

"But I ain't never crossed a man that didn't deserve it
me be treated like a punk you know that's unheard of
you better watch how you're talking, and where you're walking
or you and your homies might be lined in chalk-"

"I really hate to trip but i gotta, loc
As I Grow I see myself in the pistol smoke, fool
I'm the kinda G the little homies wanna be like
on my knees in the night, saying prayers in the streetlight." Emily continued.

"Been spending most their lives, living in the gangsta's paradise
been spending most their lives, living in the gangsta's paradise..." we all sang together off key and totally unharmonized but it was fucking fantastic. Somewhere along the way, we even started slow walking, and Cindy tossed the empty super glue tube on the ground.

"Ahhh I don't think-" Emily started in, but Cindy quickly interjected.

"Nope. You're totally right. Littering isn't cool." Cindy nodded as she quickly picked up the tube and put it in her back pocket. I couldn't help but laugh at that. This was the Cindy I knew.

Moments later, a small human joined my side in our slow walk back to B2. "Where the hell did you come from?" I asked Sarah. She was in all black just like Jade, holding a bottle of Elmer's glue and an almost empty roll of toilet paper.

"It might be better not to ask." Was all she said. I gave her a nod.

Looks like Brian got what was coming to him, tonight. "Good job kid." Was all I said as I joined back in with our movie montage.

"Been spending most their lives, living in the gangsta's paradise...
been spending most their lives, living in the gangsta's paradise..."

••