And She Texting Purple Hearts Cause She Know That We At War

••Andrea's POV

••
Andrea's POV

The girls and I were currently sitting huddled in a circle on the floor of our bunker. Cindy was busy doing her own brainstorming yet every plan she came up with, I had to shoot down.

"How about we sneak into their cabin at night and silly string everything?" She asked me. I could've sworn I felt my soul cringe a little as I gave her an encouraging pat on the shoulder. This poor girl.

"You'll get there, don't worry. Let's work a little harder on that idea and see where we're at in about an hour, Okay?" Cindy gave me a nod and went back to the drawing board.

Emily was keeping Sarah occupied by painting her fingers and toes while Jade continued on with burning holes into the eyes of plastic baby dolls.

Well, I mean, she was actually on the top bunk where we couldn't really see what she was doing but I saw smoke and definitely smelt the distinct smell of burning plastic, so I was assuming the worst.

It really did seem like something she would do, though.

I, unlike the rest of my accomplices, had already figured out my revenge. In fact, I already had a list. A motherfucking list. "Here's the list of things I'm going to need." I handed the piece of paper to Cindy.

She looked back at me hesitantly for a second

She looked back at me hesitantly for a second. "Where the heck am I supposed to find super glue?" I gave her a shrug.

"Maybe the supply closet behind the auditorium? Jim, the custodian, should be able to tell you." I replied. I also tried desperately to remember whether the custodian I had seen in the auditorium was actually named Jim or not. It could've been Joe... or Jack...

"I've got some in my backpack." Jade piped up as she stuck her head out from the top bunk.

"Perfect! Everything else should be easily accessible then." I beamed. Did I want to know what Jade might have packed the super glue for? No, not really.

I found it better not to ask questions.

"What does the list say?" Sarah piped up, as she tried to peer over Cindy's shoulders.

"Nothing you gotta worry about, hun." Emily answered the girl by pulling the small human back down into her lap. Sarah had taken a liking to Emily by now.

This was good.

This meant Emily had cracked the small human.

"Are you sure this is such a good idea?" Cindy asked. 

"Tonight, the boys staff members will feel the wrath of cabin B3."

-

Night settled in by now, and some of the girls had slowly drifted off to sleep. Cindy was trying to catch some zzz's before we had to wake up and infiltrate the boys cabin, but I wasn't letting her.

I knew my home girl Cindy far too well.

There was no way this bitch was waking back the fuck up again.

"Just a few minutes, Andy." Cindy whined, I shook my head no. I had stationed myself on her bottom bunk right besides her so that she wouldn't have any room to lay down.

It was coming up at around 3:30 in the morning, and we decided that we'd wake up at 3:45 when we were positive everyone was sleeping.

We most likely over estimated that in hindsight, considering we had a briefing at 6 in the morning where we'd be receiving our groups names. Everyone was probably already asleep by now.

I was sort of hoping Sarah would be in my group. For some reason, I didn't mind this small human nearly as much as I thought I would. She has started to grow on me.

I felt Cindy start to lean into my shoulder, but before she could fully doze off, I pinched her thigh. "Owww." She whined again. She didn't have the time to hit me back because all the girls's phone alarms started to go off at exactly 3:45. Jade was up first, which didn't necessarily surprise me. What did, however, was how alert and awake she looked.

If I had to guess, I don't think she ever went to bed.

Emily was right behind her... well... sort of. Her eyes were droopy and her natural fro was now a natural... something. She looked like a sleep deprived poodle. "Heyyyyyy girrrrrrrrrrl." I smiled awkwardly.

"Don't even say it cause I already know I look like shit. I forgot to braid down my hair last night and you know its a struggle out here for a black girl's hair." I gave her an understanding nod.

I, personally, had chosen to go natural a few years back.

Then it all broke off.

So now I'm shamelessly wearing a weave cause natural hair is definitely a process. I commend any woman who goes through that morning, night, and sometimes day routine (depending on the weather). As a black woman, I think it's important to feel empowered in any hair style. Society shouldn't dictate how you wear your hair or what you do with it.

Because its just that. Yours.

So I was living for Emily's messed up fro right now.

I slid off the bottom bunk and crouched down to grab the gym bag under the bunk bed which was filled with the items we needed. Emily and Jade kept their voices low as they got ready since the other girls were still asleep.

It didn't take too long for everyone to get dressed. I had decided to change into a hoodie and some sweatpants since it had been a little chilly at night these past few weeks. Cindy hadn't changed out of her day clothes because I wouldn't let her (too high a risk of her getting comfortable and falling asleep on me) so she didn't really need to change again. Emily opted in for a warmer spring jacket, most likely anticipating the same weather I had.

Jade was the last gal to come through the bathroom door and she looked the most prepared for this. She was in all black from head to toe. Black beanie, black turtleneck, black jeans, and black combat boots.

"Did you really pack all that?" Emily asked.

"You never know when you might just need to fuck some shit up." Jade replied.

And she was right. She was totally right.

••