Im No Cactus Expert But I Know A Prick When I See One

••Deacon's POV

••
Deacon's POV

I wasn't sure what woke me up. Could've been the toxic overbearing smell of axe that had flooded my nostrils, or the nine trillion alarm clocks that were all going off in unison. "What the fuck, man." I grumbled, sitting up in bed to rub the sleep from my eyes.

My throat got all scratchy and irritated which lead to a coughing attack from the intensity of the smell. "Who the fuck sprayed their cologne everywhere?" Tom demanded as he, too, woke up from the overbearing scent.

"Turn those bloody alarms off!" Chad barked from across the room.

"What alarms are those, anyways?" Dylan piped up. "We didn't set any last night and the only alarm clock we've got is silently sitting on that dresser over there." The rest of the guys slowly started waking up and we all looked to the alarm clock Dylan was talking about. What the fuck?

"I think it's coming from the bathroom." Tom spoke next. He was the first one to actually stand up and investigate. He tried opening the bathroom door but it wouldn't budge. "What the fuck."

"What?" I asked. I was now on my feet, standing besides Tom. "Did someone lock it last night?"

"It doesn't have a lock, remember?" Dylan cut in. We had now all gathered around the bathroom door which the infuriating alarm sounds were coming from.

"What the actual fuck." Tom swore again. He tried turning the handle with everything he had in him... until the handle broke off in his hand.

"That's not good." Dylan whispered. I shook my head.

"Why the hell isn't it opening?" Chad asked.

"It's almost like it's been glued shut. The handle didn't even budge." Tom explained. The alarms seemed to grow even louder with every second that passed.

"Fuck that." Dylan shook his head as he created some space. With one loud swift kick, he had broken the lock of the bathroom and busted open the door. We were now looking directly into the bathroom mirror. There was a message written out in lipstick, and it read...

𝒞𝑜𝓂𝓅𝓁𝒾𝓂𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓈 𝒪𝒻 𝐵2

"B2?" Tom asked, "Isn't that the girls bunker?"

"Yeah. Why would they be targeting us?" I asked in return.

"Anyone got beef with one of the girls?" Dylan questioned the guys as we all huddled in the bathroom. A small memory slowly surfaced as I remembered the argument I had with that chipmunk looking girl. Was she a staff member? I'm pretty sure she was wearing a staff shirt.

"I mean I got into an argument with this one chick yesterday." I spoke finally. The rest of the group looked at me.

"Which girl?" Tom asked, peering over at me. "Which girl was it?"

"I think her name badge said Aria? Or was it Andria?" I replied. Literal groans erupted through the cabin.

"What the fuck, mannn." Dylan whined.

"You really had to go and piss Andrea off? She was our only connect out here!" Tom added. The other guys were sitting on the bunks now with their head in their hands.

Damn.

I really didn't think it was that serious.

"It was just a small argument." I insisted, but the damage had already been done. The boys of A2 looked defeated.

"I mean, we're going to strike back, right? They can't just embarrass us like this." Chad demanded.

"Goddamn it, she glued the toilet seat down." Seth sighed from the bathroom. "And I really gotta fucking pee."

"She also super glued the front door closed." Lee added. The whole gang was up now and the room was becoming close to impossible to breathe in. "Try opening up a window or something Tom, it smells hella strong in here right now. Did they axe bomb us or something?"

"It definitely smells like it. Check the vent beside your bunker." I asked Lee. He got up and crouched down to look through the thin slots.

"Yep, I see the spray bottle in there." He replied. There was a screw driver in the tool box that was tucked under one of the bunks, so it didn't take too long for Lee to find and dispose of the thing. I glanced around the bunker at the mess. Most of the guys were hanging out by the open window so they could breathe in some fresh air for a change. The bathroom lock was completely busted and in pieces on the floor.

The B2 girls had done a real number on the place.

Tom and I had decided to hang back while the rest of the guys climbed out through the window. We all still had a meeting to attend to, but the guys promised they'd bring us back a copy of the schedule along with our groups. I was more concerned about the glued front door. How the fuck were we getting out?

"Who's this Andrea chick?" I asked Tom. He set his book back down by the night stand and turned to me from his bunk bed.

"You know Kenny Richards?" I gave him a nod. Kid was a douchebag. "Well he went ahead and asked her out to prom this year. You might not have seen her around because she went to Shorville High, not Applewood. But anyways, long story short, Kenny was trying to get in her pants at the end of the night and she wasn't having it."

Kenny tried getting into every womans pants.

"She apparently kneed him in the balls and bit off a piece of his ear. Kinda served him right cause I heard he tried getting physical with her. She's seriously one bad bitch." Tom added. I leant further into the mattress.

"What makes her so important?" I asked.

"We call her Dee at Applewood. You need to sneak alcohol into prom? She's got you covered. Need to smuggle something in or out and her connects will not disappoint. I was working with her before we left for camp, to get us some alcohol. Our relations have since been tarnished thanks to fucking Kenny."

I thought of how I had first met her yesterday, when she approached me. Her cheeks were incredibly puffed... almost like she had had some shitty allergic reaction. I couldn't remember much of what she looked like because I didn't pay her a ton of attention, but now there was a few things I wanted to know...

Like why I all of a sudden couldn't stop thinking about her. As if it was almost an obsession to put a face to a name.

••