Dont Be Afraid Of Who You Are... That's Your Parents Job

So this is the very last chapter of this weird short book I decided to post on here cause why not

So this is the very last chapter of this weird short book I decided to post on here cause why not. Thank you to everyone who decided to read it! I've got a special treat for you guys tonight as well so check out the new book (or maybe books, depending on how this night is going) that will drop tonight!
••
Deacon's POV

"I've gathered all the kids here at Camp Kuapua, so they could say a few words about Andrea. Why don't you go first, Brian?" Brian gave me a sure nod.

Please don't fuck this up kid, I thought silently to myself.

"Andrea at first was quite mean to me." Shit. "She would single me out and treat me as what I thought was unfair-" there was a few gasps in the air... again. And not in a good way.

"Alright kid maybe-" I started, but he cut me off with his raised hand.

"But what I came to realize was that... Andrea was helping me out. She opened my eyes to the nonsocial conforms  of the world. She also taught me the world feminism. Because of her, I'm able to stand here and confess my love for Sarah Paddington. That's right, Sarah, I love you. I loved you ever since you teepee'd our cabin you beautiful rebel, you."

"Alright kid, that's enough." I ripped the megaphone out of his hands and placed them in Sarah's. "How about you, Sarah?"

"Well I met Andrea the first day we were here. She saved me from the clutches of the once was then Bully Brian. She not only stood up for me, but she taught me that woman don't cry. We don't show fear. We are merciless in the eyes of our enemies and we do not stop until we've hit them where it hurt-"

"Sarah!" I nudged the small child.

"What I'm saying is... Andrea isn't like every other staff member, or team leader, but that's what makes her special. She got lost in an incredibly small forest just so she could get our team more points with the scavenger hunt. She's made this summer one of the best summers I've ever had and we haven't even been here two weeks yet. I can't imagine finishing off camp without her."

I felt my eyes watering up. Don't cry don't cry don't cry don't cry.

"Come here, you." Andrea smiled as she scooped the girl up into her arms. "I loved the thing about being merciless in front of our enemies." She whispered that last part and Sarah grinned.

We turned back to the group of chaperones and staff members who were now conversing amongst themselves.

"I just don't see why the girls gotta be fired. So what she said some less than pleasant stuff. Half the parents here have been wasted this whole time. Cut the kid some slack." One parent spoke up. The rest of the chaperones chimed in.

"Alright alright alright." Marion finally replied with a sigh. "Andrea, I'm not firing you. In fact I can't really cause you're not getting paid. You can stay for the duration of camp."